Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features Being Brewed For KDE 4.10

Phoronix: Features Being Brewed For KDE 4.10

The soft feature freeze for KDE 4.10 is coming up in just two weeks time. In this article are a look at some of the features being worked on for the KDE 4.10 desktop update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by asdx
    When is Wayland support coming to KWin?
    There's no offical timeline. You can follow the developement of KWin by reading Martin's Blog.

I would assume that it will come with KDE Workspaces 5.0 that is probably going to be released in the next 1,5 years.

Comment

Awesome, hopefully the rewrite of the taskbar to QML will fix this issue:

When is Wayland support coming to KWin?
      There is article about KDE on Wayland somewhere here on Phoronix.

Comment

i automatically filter and ignore any KDE article unless it contains the string 'a complete re-write of konsole from the ground up in a clean room'.

Comment

OMG finally, kde3 did have the MTP kio slave!
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

i'm running 4.6.5 (although these problems have persisted from version to version). e.g. "show in the menu" setting for profiles is lost from invocation to invocation. i have to go through my list of 40 or so every time i start it and re-enable them. what exactly are bookmarks for? they seem completely useless. there are bugs in the terminal handling (exposed by my use of 'tmux') that don't exist in any other terminal emulator (gnome terminal, xterm, rvxterm, etc). it's a sad joke. my sense is not that the developer/maintainer was/is lame but rather *no* time is focused on what has to be the core piece of KDE used by a devloper or sysadmin.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawp View Post
              There is article about KDE on Wayland somewhere here on Phoronix.
              Yeah, and Martin detailed on his blog why most of the information in that article is either wrong or at least giving wrong impressions.

Comment

these bugs have been reported over and over and over... hence the comment that there is no interest in this component.

Comment

What's wrong with konsole?

The real question is what is 'right' with it. The answer would be 'nothing'.

Comment

It looks like 4.10 will be just as dull as 4.9! The big things are happening in gnome and unity land. Looking aside from the vocal few here at phoro most is realizing KDEs time is up.

KDE is losing its spot as Major Desktop to Unity. Greatest Phail since KDE4 if you ask me. LoL
                    Last edited by funkSTAR; 13 October 2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X