Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GStreamer 1.0 Lands, GNOME 3.6 Is On Final Approach

Phoronix: GStreamer 1.0 Lands, GNOME 3.6 Is On Final Approach

With all of the GNOME 3.6.0 packages being checked in right now for releasing the updated open-source desktop this week, GStreamer 1.0.0 finally saw its first stable release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE5MjY

GNOME is getting worse

They just keep making it worse.

Now they're merging all menubars into one menubar.
    File, Edit, View, Help, etc they all disappear and gets thrown into a new menu with the same name of the application.

Example is Cheese Cam Booth, its horrible.

gnome-shell sucks, Unity sucks.
    gnome-session-fallback (Classic session with gnome-panel) is good, even though it has some rough corners.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Now they're merging all menubars into one menubar.
      File, Edit, View, Help, etc they all disappear and gets thrown into a new menu with the same name of the application.
      And you'll probably still be able to pick the old behavior either through a configuration option, or through an extension. Extensions in Gnome Shell are very powerful.

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      gnome-shell sucks, Unity sucks.
      gnome-session-fallback (Classic session with gnome-panel) is good, even though it has some rough corners.
      Such a beacon of positivity. FWIW, I've been using GS on my work desktop for the last 10 months (dual 1080p monitors), and it has been very usable after I tweaked a couple settings and installed a few choice extensions.

Comment

Working...
      X