No announcement yet.

Lightworks Linux Alpha Planned For Next Month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh ati hardware under linux is better ignored.

This is really cool as I'm still using FC6 on os x.... too bad for h264 encoding not being free, but you guys gotta eat.

are the sandy bridge/ivy bridge integrated graphics usable or do you recommend that nvidia fx8 thing?

also, would someone used to final cut be able to easily make the switch? I've been hearing people tend to migrate to adobe premiere after final cut

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      I prefer "mistake".
      Well, I hope to see this mistake corrected. Otherwise, when someone points out that the information is wrong or lacks a source, the mistake actually becomes a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
        are the sandy bridge/ivy bridge integrated graphics usable or do you recommend that nvidia fx8 thing?
        I haven't done any testing with Intel Graphics chipsets yet, so I'm afraid I can't say.

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
        would someone used to final cut be able to easily make the switch?
        We have lots of users who've done exactly that. Lightworks may look different to other editing systems, but once you understand the basics, editing is simple. There are video tutorials available to help new users get started.

Comment

Originally posted by kiddo View Post
          Well, I hope to see this mistake corrected. Otherwise, when someone points out that the information is wrong or lacks a source, the mistake actually becomes a lie.
          There's a recent quote here

Comment

what's the perfomance hit under linux compared to windows? 10%

would be cool if the guy from this site could benchmark that

Comment

Heh. The shark is a nice touch

Does it just close windows on the screen, or is it more useful?

Comment

Originally posted by box of rox View Post
                Heh. The shark is a nice touch

Does it just close windows on the screen, or is it more useful?
                She also provides speech-bubble hints from time to time

Comment

Lightworks is actually the only piece of software coming to linux that I'm excited about.

I request the guy running this site to post more news and benchmarks etc etc..

The strenght of final cut is not so much the program per se, but the fact that you can go on google and search for whatever you are trying to do and you will see 1921212 editor's posts explaining a simple manner to do it.

Same can be said about the availability of 391023 free tutorials online.

But I never liked it much, the program itself suffers from applesitis, sometimes the outcome is not what you would expect because the program decided to fuck up.

but still my question remains, since I'm OS agnostic and don't mind running windows in offline computers, is there a perfomance hit from lightworks windows to lightworks linux?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhite View Post
                    Video card drivers are a continuing source of frustration, particularly with ATI hardware. For example, copying data from the graphics card back to host/main memory appears to be many, many times slower than it is when using Direct3D/Windows with exactly the same hardware.
                    Did you contact the upstream driver developers about that? Either they can fix it in the drivers, or they might know how to make it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
                      Did you contact the upstream driver developers about that? Either they can fix it in the drivers, or they might know how to make it fast.
                      No - that's certainly something that we can explore as soon as we have a build that they can try.

Comment

Working...
                      X