Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
    No.
    uh... yes. Are you the one who used the script I'm talking about? Because I doubt it - it wasn't very popular and it isn't included in any repos.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      uh... yes. Are you the one who used the script I'm talking about? Because I doubt it - it wasn't very popular and it isn't included in any repos.
      Ah, my short term memory was not long enaugh and I thought the discussion was again about the Qt_AirCursor.

The aircursor.cpp isn't that much either with ~650 lines and I would guess is probably doing a little bit more than you script did.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
        Ah, my short term memory was not long enaugh and I thought the discussion was again about the Qt_AirCursor.

The aircursor.cpp isn't that much either with ~650 lines and I would guess is probably doing a little bit more than you script did.
        hah ok fair enough. I'm sure this script does do a lot more. 650 lines in C++ would actually be considered smaller than the python script, considering python is a bit cleaner and shorter.

Comment

Doing this with a webcam is not robust enough for general use. That's why they do it with Time of Flight or Kinect cameras. The idea is not new either, look at this video for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBorbRaFrn8

What is new is only the availability of the affordable kinect sensor.

The LEAP guys play in a different league. They have different hardware and claim superb accuracy.

Comment

Working...
          X