Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Enlightenment EFL Package Releases

Phoronix: New Enlightenment EFL Package Releases

There's new releases of some key EFL -- Enlightenment Foundation Libraries -- packages. This round of Enlightenment package updates has also introduced some new components...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA3NjQ

As mentioned in the news in enlightenment.org, we're in alpha stage, so no official release yet. There will also be a beta release before the official one. Please update phoronix title news

Comment

Originally posted by vtorri View Post
      As mentioned in the news in enlightenment.org, we're in alpha stage, so no official release yet. There will also be a beta release before the official one. Please update phoronix title news
      people are waiting for e17 WM

Comment

after this release, we will focus on e17

Comment

nice to hear

Comment

yes, great to hear :-) I'd love to use e17, but some input problems make that rather difficult at the moment, so I'm still on xfce4 most of the time.

Comment

Long time

It has been a long time , and there's not an e17 beta release yet. That's a shame for a C project.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Sarmiento View Post
                It has been a long time , and there's not an e17 beta release yet. That's a shame for a C project.
                Or you could just pull it from svn, where as rasterman puts it (and I'll have to paraphrase a little): e17 svn is more stable than many other projects' releases.

Comment

Stability apart E17 needs quite some polishing in terms of visuals

And they must also give a better presentation of the apps and features of it. But i believe this will be done after the release.

Comment

Originally posted by mirv View Post
                    Or you could just pull it from svn, where as rasterman puts it (and I'll have to paraphrase a little): e17 svn is more stable than many other projects' releases.
                    Yes, i agree, is more stable than most software releases (KDE 4.0, i am looking at you). I've been following this project since the e17 004 version (the one with the weird bling theme). But the fact is: is not finished, you can feel it when you use it, it needs a lot of polishing.

The EFL libraries are ready, so e17 should be top priority right now. I hope gets ready this year at least because i love this piece of C software. E17 demostrates what can be done in C without trying "objectifying" itself , like gtk does.

Comment

Working...
                    X