Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Week, Another Round Of Fedora 17 Features

Phoronix: Another Week, Another Round Of Fedora 17 Features

At this week's Fedora Engineering Steering Committee, another round of features were approved for the Fedora 17 (Beefy Miracle) release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is very crazy

but what is the chance that all the FeatureList will be in the final version

Comment

Originally posted by nir2142 View Post
      This is very crazy

but what is the chance that all the FeatureList will be in the final version
      Typically most features end up in the final version. Some like for instance the Btrfs by default feature will likely get postponed again. Every feature has % of completion in it which is a good indicator

Comment

Enterprise features in NetworkManager, that must mean they plan to switch RHEL 7 to NM as well. Anyway, good to see bridging support in NM, it will make it a viable alternative to manual configuration for my work desktop, whether I'll actually use it or not is another story...

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
          Enterprise features in NetworkManager, that must mean they plan to switch RHEL 7 to NM as well. Anyway, good to see bridging support in NM, it will make it a viable alternative to manual configuration for my work desktop, whether I'll actually use it or not is another story...
          I guess you don't realize NM is already the default in RHEL 6 and EL 5 includes it as well.

Comment

Working...
          X