• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hardware

Cheapest i've seen it:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
      We really need front-line technology, example dual core or better, with hardware gfx and phone ability. Long battery life is also essential,. which isn't found on many no-name Chinese brands.
      Remember, this will not run under dalvik! You'll get much more performance out of it than you are used to on a single core ARM running Android. Potentially also longer battery-life because of the single core, but I think the developers would rather sacrifice that for a smaller device and a cheaper price.

Supporting Android officially would thus be a bad idea. It might be better to open up the device sufficiantly and let the community handle android like on the N900.

Edit: But yes, no GPS and 3G/4G will probably be a deal breaker for many.

Comment

Neat. Good work, Plasma Active team!

And I really should see if I can improve PA on my own tablet...

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
          I guess $250 is kind of a nice price entry.
          And here I think it's expensive. Like the other said, you can have this kind of tablet around $ 110. Sold it with 2x the price is overkill..

Comment

Originally posted by t.s. View Post
            And here I think it's expensive. Like the other said, you can have this kind of tablet around $ 110. Sold it with 2x the price is overkill..
            Obviously now the price is lower, then the expected price of the Spark need to decrease or the features increase by a new model.

The Chinese factory that makes these devices should be jumping hoops to meet the specs needed by the team releasing the Spark.

Comment

http://www.auraslate.com/
              check it out. I think their price is more reasonable. With full open source code too. But be careful, the specs is not complete.
              Last edited by t.s.; 02-17-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X