No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash 11.2 Beta Brings New Linux Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, while announced by Adobe, this whole Stage3D stuff doesn't use OpenGL on Linux at all... Software renderer only for now!

Comment

Kind of makes you wish there never had been flash plugin for linux at all, or one of the same quality as the fglrx ati driver. It would have sucked being on linux without youtube, etc, but then at least maybe google would have forced through some alternative for video playback compatible with linux, not just danced around it with some in-progress trial (html5).
      Last edited by xyzone; 01-01-2012, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by moony View Post
        Btw, while announced by Adobe, this whole Stage3D stuff doesn't use OpenGL on Linux at all... Software renderer only for now!
        Are you sure it doesn't even use VDPAU (to accelerate Stage3D) on hosts with proprietary nvidia drivers?

Comment

Using an unpatched flash plugin and this global override:
          Code:
          mkdir -p /etc/adobe
          echo EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1 > /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
          You get accellerated decode AND rendering with 11.2. With 11.0/1 you only get accellerated decode. There are definitely systems where this vdpau support is unstable, most likely with older xservers but could not identify the problem 100%. if you have got good eyes you see at the bottom of 1080p youtube videos some wrongl rendered lines with accellerated decode. that is on with flash 11.1 on win as well without watermark. So rendering problems are not system specific, when you disable acc. rendering (usually you can only disable both on win) for linux just use 11.1 then those artefacts disappear.

Comment

Using EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode with flashplayer 11.2.202.160, nvidia proprietary 290.10, I don't get HW rendering, but only 3Dmode: Software (Direct blitting).
            Furthermore, watching youtube videos, i get wrong colors (blue and red colors swapped). Video working fine with previous flash versions.

Do you really get hw accelerated State3d rendering? As I wrote in another thread, Adobe seems to have HW rendering disabled for Linux:
            > This is not a bug. We disabled GPU acceleration with StageVideo and Stage3D on Linux because of drivers issues on the Linux platform.

Comment

Assuming 11.2 flash beta is working for you, is the seek bug fixed? (Didn't work for me, just crashed) This bug is in 11.1 if you EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1, if you seek in videos, video freezes and only sound plays.

Comment

I only use vdpau on my ion. For my i7 i disable vdpau to increase stability and get rid of rendering artefacts.

Comment

Working...
                X