What People Are Saying About GNOME [Part 1]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post
    Oh my. Take one was an opinionated piece of crap. Take two is unloading 1K of comments on readers. Dear Phoronix, take a break. You're clearly out of ideas.
    Yeah. Try http://www.h-online.com/open/ and LWN for competent technical linux news.

Comment

Originally posted by nzjrs View Post
      Yeah. Try http://www.h-online.com/open/ and LWN for competent technical linux news.
      Funny how h-online uses phoronix for sources of many of their articles.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Funny how h-online uses phoronix for sources of many of their articles.
        Yeah, I liked the h-online summary of the phoronix gnome survey. They removed all the trolling and published it in a much more sensible and responsible form.

Comment

Yeah, I liked the h-online summary of the phoronix gnome survey. They removed all the trolling and published it in a much more sensible and responsible form.
          H-online does very little but aggregate other news sources (not to mention that they have a much larger staff).

Comment

H-online does very little but aggregate other news sources (not to mention that they have a much larger staff).
            Yes, they do a very good job.

Comment

Yes, they do a very good job.
              So does igoogle's rss reader.

Comment

So does igoogle's rss reader.
                I didn't know igoogle rss reader had a crap filter, have a much larger staff (your words) and also write excellent features!

Thanks!

Comment

I didn't know igoogle rss reader had a crap filter, have a much larger staff (your words) and also write excellent features!

Thanks!
                  News scraping other sites articles and quoting others isn't exactly rocket science.

Comment

News scraping other sites articles and quoting others isn't exactly rocket science.
                    You sound like a troll. What you say mirrors Phoronix beautifully. Sure The H have short aggregated news items, but generally the quality of their writing and features, even "quoted items", are of a much higher quality than here. Original content on Phoronix are few and far between (forget automated benchmark graphs) and those that are is typically self-serving or sensationalist ("STEAM for Linux!!11").

nzjrs is right.

Comment

Originally posted by numasan View Post
                      You sound like a troll.
                      He is a moderator. Moderators can't be trolls, it's against cosmic harmony. Otherwise we are all doomed, cause there's nothing like lack of cosmic harmony to shove good old mother Earth in a black hole or something
                      Last edited by prokoudine; 10-25-2011, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X