Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PulseAudio 1.0 Is Now Released With New Features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    <snip>
    By the way, does 1.0 fix the SUPER FUCKING TRIPLE SONIC BOOM YOU WIN! bug?
    after reading the vitriol and venom espoused in your blog posting, my only advice to you is to go back to windows, junior. and stay there. then perhaps you won't have an aneurysm from the high blood pressure.

    Comment


    • #32
      How does this fix problems with ancient id Games? Their source ports? IOQuake? Etc... ?

      Comment


      • #33
        The thing stopping me from using PulseAudio was compatibility of Wine and PA.

        I can see there are some recent updates for Wine:
        http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10495
        http://art.ified.ca/?page_id=40

        Do you guys have more information about this? Is Wine now working fine when using PA?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Zajec View Post
          The thing stopping me from using PulseAudio was compatibility of Wine and PA.

          I can see there are some recent updates for Wine:
          http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10495
          http://art.ified.ca/?page_id=40

          Do you guys have more information about this? Is Wine now working fine when using PA?
          Wine has always been working perfectly with PA for me, because PA is a layer on top of ALSA and OSS, and Wine doesn't need PA to talk to it.

          The only single problem with PA has been the fact that some not-so-strict-but-working-for-OSS-and-ALSA-drivers for sound cards, were not so fond of listening to PA.

          PA has been working with my hardware forever. On certain cards it's just a crackling nightmare.

          Live with PA or dump it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Zajec View Post
            The thing stopping me from using PulseAudio was compatibility of Wine and PA.

            Do you guys have more information about this? Is Wine now working fine when using PA?
            I always found Wine to work best when set to use ESD output, since pulseaudio emulates ESD if the appropriate pulse module is loaded.

            The bug report you link to indicates it will be a while until the recent changes to winepulse make it into the main git branch (and a release).

            Have you tried to use pulseaudio and Wine >= 1.3.26 ? The ALSA underrun error is fixed there. Of course, you need to configure programs that use alsa libs (libasound) to output to pulseaudio.
            Last edited by DanL; 09-28-2011, 04:55 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              How does this fix problems with ancient id Games? Their source ports? IOQuake? Etc... ?
              It brings people back to the windows desktop where those games still work and Doom 3 has EAX support.

              my only advice to you is to go back to windows, junior

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                It brings people back to the windows desktop where those games still work and Doom 3 has EAX support.
                Sadly many windows games stopped working after some service craps updates. While it's about PA I don't care at all about winblows, so go back to your blog, please.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Totaly agreeing with Kraftman, here.

                  A lot of games stopped working in Windows and, kinda funny, started working on Linux through Wine.

                  Now you can argue that there are updates and 3rd party 'cracked' executable fixes and wrappers, but so are the source ports for older Linux games.

                  Even further back than win32 and we end up with DOSBox, heh...

                  While I (once again... *sigh*) dual boot with Windows, there are some reasons that require me to reboot back into Linux.

                  Dual booting realy pisses me off. I just want my KDE desktop, my Yakuake terminal, my PIM, Rekonq browser and just use my computer to the fullest. It's just that these proprietary islands keep forcing me to go back to an inferior computer experience >.<

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                    Sadly many windows games stopped working after some service craps updates. While it's about PA I don't care at all about winblows, so go back to your blog, please.
                    I think your blog is quite entertaining =)

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      have same problem vincent
                      want to play age of empires... need fglrx drivers or full windows, i dont want fglrx it craps many websites, and realy dont need it.
                      lets make mesa ati faster in 3d please

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X