Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNOME 3.2 Has A New File Manager Available

Phoronix: GNOME 3.2 Has A New File Manager Available

While not replacing the Nautilus file manager or playing a major role within the soon-to-be-released GNOME 3.2, there is a new GNOME file manager available...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTk0NA

Something as oldschool as a pure two-pane file manager seems foreign in the land of GNOME 3. Personally I never liked these file managers.

Comment

Originally posted by brent View Post
      Something as oldschool as a pure two-pane file manager seems foreign in the land of GNOME 3. Personally I never liked these file managers.
      Don't know about Gnome 3, but Nautilus has a two-pane view. I love it and quite commonly uses it.

Comment

Typo

There's a typo in the article. Should be "Vala" instead of "Gala"

Comment

We wouldn't NEED a new file manager if they just put the GODDAMNED PARENT DIRECTORY button back in nautilus!!!

Comment

no screenshot...
            /me looks on the site and sees a screenshot

wahhh, that is just plain ugly! nautilus is already ugly but this is just one more step in gnome's self destruction.
            Who uses that new gnome interface anyway..? i tried but i really can't get used to it and switched back to kde after some hours.

Comment

Misleading headline

It has nothing to do with the upcoming GNOME 3.2 release. It's an independent project targeting GNOME by someone who likes old-school Commander-style interfaces.
              Last edited by 0xCAFE; 09-27-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Me like it

I didn't try it yet, but I kinda like the news, mc is my regular file manager, I use guis only for thumbnails, and I tried gnome-commander, krusader, tuxcmd, many java apps and although tuxcmd seems best so far I am always in mc. I am interested to see what emperor will look like and I hope it will not be dumbed down, these types of file managers shouldn't be.

Comment

these dosshell/winfile are always cool ;']
                  i just pray for it to never use vi as editor .... like mc , that has one of the best editor ;']

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
                    We wouldn't NEED a new file manager if they just put the GODDAMNED PARENT DIRECTORY button back in nautilus!!!
                    Alt+Up works well

Comment

Working...
                    X