Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Summit 2011: Copyright Assignment, Wayland & Beer

Phoronix: Desktop Summit 2011: Copyright Assignment, Wayland & Beer

The Desktop Summit is beginning at the end of this week as the joint conference between the GNOME and KDE communities. This year's Desktop Summit is taking place in the wonderful city of Berlin and will go from the 6th to 12th of August. At Humboldt University there will be a number of interesting Linux desktop talks and other events...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll be headed through Berlin on Sunday, but what I'm up to depends on the weather. I know where the fire twirlers gather, unless it's raining or the EJC has drawn them all away to Munich.

Comment

Fire twirlers? As in the old drunk guy(s) at the Kunsthaus Tacheles with his bath tub of gasoline, flaming batons, etc...? If you haven't heard, Tacheles is closed Unless this happens to be at a new Berlin spot I haven't heard of before?
      Originally posted by mirv View Post
      I'll be headed through Berlin on Sunday, but what I'm up to depends on the weather. I know where the fire twirlers gather, unless it's raining or the EJC has drawn them all away to Munich.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Fire twirlers? As in the old drunk guy(s) at the Kunsthaus Tacheles with his bath tub of gasoline, flaming batons, etc...? If you haven't heard, Tacheles is closed Unless this happens to be at a new Berlin spot I haven't heard of before?
        Not heard of that place, though I dare say some of the twirlers have. There's a group that bounces around depending on the day: poi, staff, hoops, levitation stick, juggling clubs, devil sticks, and the odd soap bubble blower recently it seems. They meet at the RAW, Jonglier Katakomben (not been there myself), one of the unis, and they should be at the Flak Tower come Sunday, but again the turnout depends on the weather (which with my luck means rain, but we'll see).

Comment

That doesn't seem terribly entertaining then... Kunsthaus Tacheles was just a wonderfully unique experience. Still in mourning over it going away.

Not heard of that place, though I dare say some of the twirlers have. There's a group that bounces around depending on the day: poi, staff, hoops, levitation stick, juggling clubs, devil sticks, and the odd soap bubble blower recently it seems. They meet at the RAW, Jonglier Katakomben (not been there myself), one of the unis, and they should be at the Flak Tower come Sunday, but again the turnout depends on the weather (which with my luck means rain, but we'll see).
          Michael Larabel

Comment

I'm beginning to think that Michael has a serious problem with alcohol, especially beer. There's no other explanation for him mentioning beer over and over and over again in almost any article. And it's starting to get really annoying, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
              I'm beginning to think that Michael has a serious problem with alcohol, especially beer. There's no other explanation for him mentioning beer over and over and over again in almost any article. And it's starting to get really annoying, too.
              When you work ~80+ hour work weeks and are completely burned out, beer is quite good. Though I probably should cut down on so many beer references in my writings...
              Michael Larabel

Comment

That doesn't seem terribly entertaining then... Kunsthaus Tacheles was just a wonderfully unique experience. Still in mourning over it going away.
                The real fun this weekend is the EJC in Munich - they're expecting some 8000 jugglers to be there. Still, for me fire twirling is much more entertaining than going to a pub, so I'll just see how the weather holds up.

Comment

The real fun this weekend is the EJC in Munich - they're expecting some 8000 jugglers to be there. Still, for me fire twirling is much more entertaining than going to a pub, so I'll just see how the weather holds up.
                  Let me know what ends up going on in Berlin... Chances are on Sunday I will be at the island party or the International Beer Festival.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

When you work ~80+ hour work weeks and are completely burned out, beer is quite good. Though I probably should cut down on so many beer references in my writings...
                    Why even bother listening to him? If beer is part of your life and your hacking, feel free to mention it everytime you think it sounds good... like a beer.

Comment

Working...
                    X