Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash Player Linux x86_64 Update Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Yeah, I've been reading "we'll catch up x86_64 next release" or "soon" for quite some time now. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

    Comment


    • #12
      I knew both were coming to Flash 11.0 (even somewhat confirmed by Adobe themselves), but I didn't know there was a 10.4 coming before that.

      Flash 11.0 also fixes the fullscreen video/composite performance issues that have been around for years.

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
        Yeah, I've been reading "we'll catch up x86_64 next release" or "soon" for quite some time now. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.
        Me neither.
        "We're told" and "it appears" coming from adobe means little to nothing for me. I have to see it to believe.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by DeepDayze View Post
          Adobe really doesn't care about Linux at all, sadly.
          Not many companies care about linux unfortunately. There is still a very widespread belief that all linux users are hackers that don't want to pay for software.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by devius View Post
            Not many companies care about linux unfortunately. There is still a very widespread belief that all linux users are hackers that don't want to pay for software.
            Precisely! We need to somehow explode that myth as I'm sure Linux users are willing to pay for quality software that WORKS AS ADVERTISED. As long as such software is well maintained and the maker accepts bug reports and addresses such bugs in a timely manner we'd then be satisfied.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by urfe View Post
              Are there other alternatives to streaming DRM/encrypted videos?
              Such streaming DRM is pointless abuse of CPU cycles anyway (especially on linux, but also on Windows & Mac OS X).

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by JanC View Post
                Such streaming DRM is pointless abuse of CPU cycles anyway (especially on linux, but also on Windows & Mac OS X).
                You should let the media companies know that. With that fact in hand they'll surely stop adding DRM to their streams.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Yeeah, let's go.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
                    Oh, that nasty bug in the Flash mp3 decoder that got Linus all up in arms? Nah. I bet that won't be fixed until 2013 or so. Several year turnaround time for Adobe.

                    A Russian did hack the binary though and get it working, lol
                    I'm not russian...

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by devius View Post
                      Not many companies care about linux unfortunately. There is still a very widespread belief that all linux users are hackers that don't want to pay for software.
                      I'm not so sure that's true. Why would RHE and Suse exist? There seems to be a need for Linux professionals who can maintain web servers. Either real or virtual.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X