Adobe Flash Player Linux x86_64 Update Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urfe View Post
    Are there other alternatives to streaming DRM/encrypted videos?
    Such streaming DRM is pointless abuse of CPU cycles anyway (especially on linux, but also on Windows & Mac OS X).

Comment

Originally posted by JanC View Post
      Such streaming DRM is pointless abuse of CPU cycles anyway (especially on linux, but also on Windows & Mac OS X).
      You should let the media companies know that. With that fact in hand they'll surely stop adding DRM to their streams.

Comment

Yeeah, let's go.

Comment

Originally posted by allquixotic View Post
          Oh, that nasty bug in the Flash mp3 decoder that got Linus all up in arms? Nah. I bet that won't be fixed until 2013 or so. Several year turnaround time for Adobe.

A Russian did hack the binary though and get it working, lol
          I'm not russian...

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            Not many companies care about linux unfortunately. There is still a very widespread belief that all linux users are hackers that don't want to pay for software.
            I'm not so sure that's true. Why would RHE and Suse exist? There seems to be a need for Linux professionals who can maintain web servers. Either real or virtual.

Comment

So any news about that flash update ? I would really like to see hardware acceleration working. Gemcraft Labyrinth would be so much smooth

Comment

Working...
              X