GIMP 2.8 Is Struggling To Make It Out The Door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    What makes you come to the conclusion that it's 'poor leadership and project management'???
    The fact that roughly ten years ago patches were contributed to the project that made the gimp support more than 8-bit color depth, this made the gimp better than photoshop at the time. When up for review those patches were rejected unanimously for a vaporware solution that has taken 10-years to provide preliminary support for 16-bit color depth.

That is poor management.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      I would settle for just one good and full featured video editor in linux. Unfortunately that hasn't come about yet.
      Your best bet is probably Kdenlive.

Comment

Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
        Your best bet is probably Kdenlive.
        Not even close, it can't even do mid GOP cuts on h264.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
          The fact that roughly ten years ago patches were contributed to the project that made the gimp support more than 8-bit color depth, this made the gimp better than photoshop at the time. When up for review those patches were rejected unanimously for a vaporware solution that has taken 10-years to provide preliminary support for 16-bit color depth.

That is poor management.
          I agree, if you need 16 bit/channel the only viable option is still cinepaint.
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
          X