No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash 10.2 Brings Linux Video Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO @ the "Steam is still coming to Linux" thing. Yeah, right. Doug Lombardi already stated, that there is no Linux version in the works. Somewhere on the Valve forums a mod stated, that there is no such thing in the works right now, either. They want to patch up OSX first and then MAYBE they will think about other options. Seeing the speed at how this is going right now (Windows 2-4 times faster then OSX on same hardware) it'll take some time for them to even start to THINK of it.

I still see comments in the first news thread, when Phoronix announced this, without having any official statement of it. I just wanted to say:

LMAO LMAO.

Thanks.

PS:

I use Windows, OSX and Linux but I am very realistic about things. Also, I actually only NEED one OS, but I USE the others just for fun. Now guess which one I NEED ;D (games, bluray, movies, working vsync with compositing, acc. flash plus stable window manager inkluded with compat. with 90+ % of the stuff, that is out there).

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy2 View Post
      I use Windows, OSX and Linux but I am very realistic about things. Also, I actually only NEED one OS, but I USE the others just for fun. Now guess which one I NEED ;D (games, bluray, movies, working vsync with compositing, acc. flash plus stable window manager inkluded with compat. with 90+ % of the stuff, that is out there).
      Hey, your NEEDS are pretty awesome. Finally, somebody with a solid set of priorities. I wished mine consisted in playing games and watching crap all day too.

Comment

I'm a little bit confused about the damn versioning thing.
        So, AFAIK, the current situation is like this:

Is this correct?
        If so, then w-t-f Adobe? what's the point of 10.3 without HW accel?

Comment

Well using lenny the 10.2 d151 gives extreme gfx curruptions, with squeeze this did not happen so extreme. I would prefer a 10.2/10.3 32 bit d161 as dl link when those problems are there...

Comment

So Flash introduces a new flash video API that screws with a lot of the crappy compositing people do with flash embeds in websites and has to be explicitly enabled by the developer of the flash content you're viewing?

Well, when I encounter it 5 years from now, I'm sure I'll be impressed. That's assuming Flash isn't still going to detect that "SGI" string in my mesa info, freak out and think I don't have any 3D acceleration to leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
              Hey, your NEEDS are pretty awesome. Finally, somebody with a solid set of priorities. I wished mine consisted in playing games and watching crap all day too.
              Yeah, I know, you should try it out, too! Even IF you have to do some naughty little work, you still know what you NEED. What has all closed source/ prop. softw. AND Open Source softwar? YOU know it

Comment

Amazing !

No stuttering, 1080p and 720p plays beautifully on my NVIDIA card.
                Usage in high teens.
                Video has to 10 stage optimized.

Way to go Adobe/Macromedia !!!

Comment

Flash 10.2 Final is now released for 32bit.

I would expect a new 64bit build on thursday, because of IE9 RC1 (there was a new one for IE9 Beta1, too).

Comment

Working...
                  X