Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta 2 Of The Enlightenment Foundation Libraries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Hey I'm not trying to spread FUD. In fact I made it my default session on my dead written 660mHz Celeron EeePC and everything runs so fast now that I decided to use it again! I am so happy about that. It beats the shit out of Openbox!

    I must say E17 has evolved greatly since my last try! The only thing that sucks about it is that nothing is EFL based so every app I run looks horrible in comparison

    I would love to see a lightweight EFL Webkit browser that launched stuff like Flash video and audio in a seperate app so that when I click on a YouTube video it runs in a YouTube app. That would make my year. Also a simple Facebook app, Google maps app, Google search widget and (already in the making) a document viewer. It would make me ditch KDE even. Not joking
    We do have a WebKit-EFL browser called "Eve", it even support HTML5 video if you compiled the WebKit-EFL with that. No support for calling external apps, but indeed it would be good. (Note: if you try eve, it comes configured with user-agent = iphone-like, so you'll get mobile pages, go to Settings and change it if you dislike)

    Comment


    • #17
      Cool I will definately check out Eve!

      Is there a wireless frontend? I'm currently using the official Wicd-client, but an EFL networking frontend would be nice, although the Wicd icon looks acceptable with the new black and white theme.

      Talking about the black and white theme... even with dropshadow it can get a little visualy confusing if you have multiple windows open. It's sometimes a little hard to tell where each widget ends and where the others begin. This is when I have multiple configuration windows open, which isn't uncommon when changin the settings of E.

      Other than that; great!

      Comment


      • #18
        Guys, sorry if I'm not seeing something obvious, but why should there be a frontend for everything in toolkit zyx?

        Comment


        • #19
          I think so that people get a more uniform appearance across the entire desktop. That would be my guess.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
            Cool I will definately check out Eve!

            Is there a wireless frontend? I'm currently using the official Wicd-client, but an EFL networking frontend would be nice, although the Wicd icon looks acceptable with the new black and white theme.

            Talking about the black and white theme... even with dropshadow it can get a little visualy confusing if you have multiple windows open. It's sometimes a little hard to tell where each widget ends and where the others begin. This is when I have multiple configuration windows open, which isn't uncommon when changin the settings of E.

            Other than that; great!
            Enlightenment officially supports ConnMan. We believe it provide excellent services, being fast and easy to write front-ends. Currently we just lack support (UI) for corner case configurations such as static IP or VPN, but shouldn't be hard to add, just lack of users of these features.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by barbieri View Post
              Enlightenment officially supports ConnMan. We believe it provide excellent services, being fast and easy to write front-ends. Currently we just lack support (UI) for corner case configurations such as static IP or VPN, but shouldn't be hard to add, just lack of users of these features.
              My knowledge of networking is even less than the knowledge my mother has about her Vista laptop, so this is emberassing
              What I need is basic wpa2 encryption and tlls (or something) with wep and CA certificates. The tlls is obviously for school, and there are multiple acces points with the same ssid that should all work the same as if the buildings where packed with repeaters. Ofcourse the wpa supplicant needs to automaticaly be connected to the one with the best signal strenght, without continious connection failures to the network.

              Riiiight.... :')

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                My knowledge of networking is even less than the knowledge my mother has about her Vista laptop, so this is emberassing
                What I need is basic wpa2 encryption and tlls (or something) with wep and CA certificates. The tlls is obviously for school, and there are multiple acces points with the same ssid that should all work the same as if the buildings where packed with repeaters. Ofcourse the wpa supplicant needs to automaticaly be connected to the one with the best signal strenght, without continious connection failures to the network.

                Riiiight.... :')
                so try connman, just get a new version like 0.63.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Will try it out tommorow. Is the EFL frontend/UI available from connman.net or over at Enlightenment?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Will try it out tommorow. Is the EFL frontend/UI available from connman.net or over at Enlightenment?
                    It's in Enlightenment codebase, together with other official plugins (trunk/e/src/modules/connman). All you need is e_dbus compiled with connman support (default).

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X