Hello To GNOME 2.32!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
    Lol, since when KDE is years ahead? Tell me what i can't do in gnome, that i can do in kde?
    Lol, for starters the absolute basic concept of scale+crop a wallpaper? Get of my lawn! I'd take a bookwork full of shit Gnome and GTK+ apps can't possibly do!

(lol and they called it AIR, aero and air, aint that something similar?)
    You total moron! Even before Microsoft started to work for the first time on Vista (they redid that, how much times over?) there was this Oxygen project; you know; air? And so after a lot of complaining about the theme, it needed to be replace by... errrr... air? A breath of fresh AIR to the desktop? Get a clue...

. No really, aside all that qt awesomeness bullshit (non-programmers or non-geeks don't even care about that) could u show me where kde is soo superior compared to gnome? Please mister troll, tell me.
    Where do you want me to start? I'll limit this to ten points on a particular section of your choice, because there are _TOO_ many things to put in here....

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
      Never used gnome 1.x or kde 1.x and i bet u haven't tried them too, so please cut the crap trolling kid.
      I've used both gnome 1.x and KDE 1.x.

Why would you think otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        Overal KDE SC 4.4.5 just screams quality...
        KDE 4.5, however, is an abomination.

Comment

<OT>: Isn't Linux all about choice, why flame people for choosing to use a different DE to you, isn't that the same as people flaming us for not using windows? </OT>

<Flame> Both GNOME and KDE are both bloated and lame, to much useless junk I will never use, that's why I use xfce! </Flame>

Comment

Yeah! Now we're talking!

Then you probably run OpenOffice, Firefox and a bunch of Gnome and KDE apps on top of your speed demon, making it even more bloated than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
              Yeah! Now we're talking!

Then you probably run OpenOffice, Firefox and a bunch of Gnome and KDE apps on top of your speed demon, making it even more bloated than anything else.
              <flame>

Only cos its n00b kde and gnome stuff, like the stupid gnome clock pulls in 300megs+ of dependences, I was like, omg, only a stupid gnome clock could be that bloated, omgomg etc.

And ewh, KDE, needs moar unstable unneeded eyecandy, I dont think im quite blind yet from looking at all the crap! Thankfully it crashed before all the stupid shiny stuff finished the job, but maybe one of these days!

</Flame>

Sorry, I am not on form tonight

Comment

Nah, that was quite weak

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                  Nah, that was quite weak

I know, my heart just isn't into it, the lack of a good panel world clock is without loads of gnome deps is annoying, but conky was my workaround on that.

Anyway, these gnome 2.3X releases are mostly maintenance ones while they finish cooking 3.

I don't see why people want everyone to use "there" DE, and for all the other ones to go away, without choice we would all be living in a Windows world

Comment

I swear, KDE people are the most insecure lot.

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Hey, the new revolutionary Gno-....!

No... still light years behind KDE....
                    There can't be a thread about Gnome without a mention of KDE.
                    This kind of crap is what makes me start to hate platforms...

Comment

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
                      gnome works good on DEB based distros, gnome dont work good on fedora/mandriva/suse

i hate KDE, to much useless stuff in it. gnome is good and clear
                      I've no idea where this came from. Gnome is primarily developed by RH and they do excellent quality control. My experience has been that Fedora (as of 10 or 11) is as stable as any other distro (more than Lucid, for instance). Yes, you get bugs but you also get as close to bleeding edge releases as possible without the stains.

Comment

Working...
                      X