Hello To GNOME 2.32!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCycoONE View Post
    That is simply not true. KDE 4 is increasingly resembling Windows 7 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing.)

E.g. Transparent blue panel by default; largely blue theme in general, new systray as you mentioned with gray scale icons, Windows 7 style edge of desktop actions (snap to left half, snap to right half etc.)
    I don't know what you are talking about, but it is clearly not KDE4.

I've done a clean install (with a clean account) of vanilla KDE 4.5.1 a couple of weeks ago, and there is no blue transparent panel anywhere, and the edge actions were there long before Windows 7 was out.

There are differences yes, but the inspirations are obvious and the timing of the change from black theme to transparent blue theme was suspicious at best.
    Which distribution introduced the transparent blue theme?

KDE did switch from the black theme (Oxygen) to a white theme (Air) sometime around 4.3 or 4.4, but this had more to do with people not liking the black theme (complaining that it looked like Vista, although it was older than Vista), so they went back to classic KDE colours used in KDE 2 and KDE 3.

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
      BTW BlackStar is pretty late to the party =P
      He is losing his touch.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        I don't know what you are talking about, but it is clearly not KDE4.

I've done a clean install (with a clean account) of vanilla KDE 4.5.1 a couple of weeks ago, and there is no blue transparent panel anywhere, and the edge actions were there long before Windows 7 was out.

Which distribution introduced the transparent blue theme?

KDE did switch from the black theme (Oxygen) to a white theme (Air) sometime around 4.3 or 4.4, but this had more to do with people not liking the black theme (complaining that it looked like Vista, although it was older than Vista), so they went back to classic KDE colours used in KDE 2 and KDE 3.
        Seriously-are you colorblind? Because default KDE 4.5 IS BLUE.

No point trying to argue with KDE fanbois, if they had taste, they wouldn't use KDE anyway

Comment

Here

KDE is an open community of friendly people who want to create a world in which everyone has control over their digital life and enjoys freedom and privacy.

It is White-blue... Not exactly like Win 7, but close... Especially if you consider the timing of this change...

BTW: What an ugly GUI...

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
            Seriously-are you colorblind? Because default KDE 4.5 IS BLUE.
            No, it's light grey with a slight bluish tint.

Light grey has been the KDE colour since KDE2. KDE1 user a middle-grey tone, which was more similar to Windows.

This is a blue panel: http://keemanxp.com/blog/wp-content/...-7-desktop.jpg

THIS is a light grey panel, very similar to the KDE2 and KDE3 colour: http://static.arstechnica.net/kde45b_ars.png

If you claim that these are the same, then you are the colourblind one.

BTW, Blue has been the de-facto KDE colour since KDE2. The vanilla icon themes and wallpapers have always been blue, and the default widgets were light grey. Even if they made a blue panel (and they didn't), it is not stealing from Windows, who started with white, went to medium grey, then to some brownish tint, then to black, and now to blue.

But since GNOME fanboys have invested so much effort into convincing the world that KDE looks like Windows, they will go to great lengths to convince themselves that sticking with light grey = copying windows, because windows went from dark grey to blue.

Whatever rocks your boat. I can't wait for april when the desktop is revolutionised by a port of plasma to pure C and a window manager that can do 3d

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
              Hey, the new revolutionary Gno-....!

No... still light years behind KDE....
              Lol, since when KDE is years ahead? Tell me what i can't do in gnome, that i can do in kde? Where is all the awesomeness of kde? Compiz copy/paste effects, windows aero like theme (lol and they called it AIR, aero and air, aint that something similar?). No really, aside all that qt awesomeness bullshit (non-programmers or non-geeks don't even care about that) could u show me where kde is soo superior compared to gnome? Please mister troll, tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by phoen1x View Post
                Lol, since when KDE is years ahead?
                Since 1996.

Tell me what i can't do in gnome, that i can do in kde?
                Tell me one thing you can do in gnome today that I couldn't do in kde 2 8 years ago

Comment

Never used gnome 1.x or kde 1.x and i bet u haven't tried them too, so please cut the crap trolling kid.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    Tell me one thing you can do in gnome today that I couldn't do in kde 2 8 years ago
                    phoen1x asked first, and was responding to claim made by V!ncent that current KDE4 is "light years" ahead, so your statement about kde2 is missing the point (even if you're trying to make another one).

BTW, I primarily use xfce.

Comment

To everyone that has been living under a rock; GUI's are going back to gray tones, with slight color added to it. KDE is even evolving the GUI design after we went back from textures to 'tatoos'. This is not just the desktop, but universal.

As usual; Gnome is ages behind the times. Gnome now has this human skin kind of color which has been the default Windows XP style. Welcome to yesterday! But don't worry; they'll upgrade to Vista's piano black with the Gnome-Shell. Maybe they'll go glossy and back after that

Xx

Comment

Working...
                      X