Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeeGo Loves The openSUSE Build Service

Phoronix: MeeGo Loves The openSUSE Build Service

The openSUSE community has announced the releases of version 1.8 and 2.0 of the openSUSE Build Service. The 2.0 release brings in a new user-interface, an enhanced request system, and many other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Best thing Novell-linux has produced in a long time, to my knowledge.

The Build Service for SUSE should be the standard for ALL of linux, including Android (my wish, though not ideal, is for there to be targets for ALL of the official Android phones and then it could become a near automated, though not service provider approved, I imagine, process for easy user upgrades). Such a great system. That is what I miss most about SUSE, when I'm sitting over a stubborn Lynx.

Best/Liam

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
      The Build Service for SUSE should be the standard for ALL of linux, including Android (my wish, though not ideal, is for there to be targets for ALL of the official Android phones and then it could become a near automated, though not service provider approved, I imagine, process for easy user upgrades). Such a great system. That is what I miss most about SUSE, when I'm sitting over a stubborn Lynx.

Best/Liam
      The Susestudio service is pretty sweet too. To think there are some here that think that openSUSE doesn't innovate.

Comment

I completely forgot about that.

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        The Susestudio service is pretty sweet too. To think there are some here that think that openSUSE doesn't innovate.
        I got an account soon after it was announced and gave it a whirl. I never bothered actually downloading spin, but it was an interesting experience. Thanks for reminding me about it. I really would like to make another, more optimized one for my AAO netbook.
        For the record, I think that there is alot to like about SUSE, but since I prefer Gnome, there are better distros out there for me. Also, the damned thing used more memory than any other distro I've ever used

Best/Liam

Comment

The is great example, how Opensuse project contribute to Linux community. Everybody can benefit from Opensuse Build Service.

Comment

In case you guys haven't noticed. openSUSE.org has gone though some major website updates. Very clean and well organized and as with their distro a very refined feeling.

Comment

They even got rid of my #1 peeve with some forums (including this one), the width is not static anymore and adjusts with your browser width.

Comment

Working...
              X