Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Officially Released

Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Officially Released

Adobe has officially announced the release of Flash Player 10.1 for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X platforms. This release has been in development for quite a while and was subject to public alpha/beta releases, but now Adobe Flash Player 10.1 is ready for widespread adoption...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODMzMw

Did anybody find a 64 bit version? The beta is gone, now what?

(can't believe we have to discuss such things, it's 2010 for cryin out loud).

Comment

NO 64 bit Linux? What a surprise.

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
      Did anybody find a 64 bit version? The beta is gone, now what?

(can't believe we have to discuss such things, it's 2010 for cryin out loud).
      No I could not find it. I'm sure its just around the corner.
      Well back to www.oggtv.com for now.
      I tried out Chromium and HTML 5 today it works pretty well but I didn't see a large selection on Youtube.
      After installing it in UBUNTU software center. I could not play HTML 5 until I went into Synaptic Package manager and added Extra ffmpeg codecs for the Chromium Browser.
      I will be staying clear of Flash until they fix the security bug in 10.0.45.2 or release the 64 bit of 10.1.
      Not holding my breath though.

Comment

Seems to have got rid of that annoying habit of flash objects to get disoriented in a page when I scrolled. Often leaving white strips over content. It was really starting to annoy me.

I bet you still cannot fullscreen a Flash video on a second monitor though.

Comment

Adobe made my decision about whether or not to use Flash really easy by not providing a 64-bit version. Not that I would have installed it anyway. And I'm certainly not even going to consider using nspluginwrapper. Why do I need to install a hack for something as dumb as an Adobe product.

Thumbs up Adobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Adobe
            The Flash Player 10.1 64-bit Linux beta is closed. We remain committed to delivering 64-bit support in a future release of Flash Player. No further information is available at this time.
            Taken from their now-closed 64-bit labs forum.

Comment

Originally posted by logic View Post
              And you believe them that they are "still committed"? With all the BS excuses that they give for things like video acceleration, 64-bit, audio in linux and why they "can't" be done it's clear that linux is a bastard child fathered by a inbred cousin in their eyes.

Comment

I just posted what they said, not my own commentary; I figured I'd let that stand (or fail) on it's own.

Personally, I think they're full of horseshit, and I can't wait to see the day I don't care one way or the other whether Flash works on 64-bit Linux.

Comment

Now does anyone have a copy of the 64 bit beta?

Comment

i do, PM me

Comment

Working...
                    X