Ubuntu To Pull In New Versions Of Firefox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    whole KDE SC has point releases which mostly bug fix but sometimes also add some things ...

Not including them was always stupid to me and now FF gets an exeption...

Time for kubuntu devs to think about the same policy for point releases of KDE
    Exactly... and I also do hope we will get those point releases ... If Gnome did those Canonical would for sure include them ...

Comment

How tired can one be to reply to his own post ?

*stupid one minute time limit*

Comment

Originally posted by jaxjoe View Post
        Since FFox 3.6.3 is buggy as a wasps_nest ... (...) every update destroys another piece of working function.
        I haven't experienced such behaviour, all works perfectly (apart from keywords for default search engines which get erased after each update). Maybe uninstall ubufox package, it can make a lot of mess...

If major updates will be performed only after the product goes EOL, I'm a bit disappointed...

Comment

Originally posted by srg_13 View Post
          Finally... This is one of my biggest annoyances with Ubuntu! Part of the reasons that I usually run the developer releases is because of it having the newer version.
          https://launchpad.net/~mozillateam/+...firefox-stable

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
          whole KDE SC has point releases which mostly bug fix but sometimes also add some things ...

Not including them was always stupid to me and now FF gets an exeption...

Time for kubuntu devs to think about the same policy for point releases of KDE
          They even announce this on kubuntu.org whenever there's a point release:
          https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/ppa

Pretty much every major package has a ppa.. you can run as bleeding-edge as you like.

Comment

my point was the point releases should be updated in main repo not in external ppa.

Comment

Originally posted by anbog View Post
              Does this mean that Lucid will upgrade to Firefox 4.0 when it is released, or wait until Mozilla drops support for the 3.6.x series?
              It's LTS so it's more likely that it'd get 4.0 sometime much later than the 4.0 release, but as it's a newer whole number version (which may present some new changes which make other older 3.xx plugins etc incompatible) it's hard to be sure.

Comment

Working...
              X