Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google's Chrome Leaves Beta On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Google's Chrome Leaves Beta On Linux

    Phoronix: Google's Chrome Leaves Beta On Linux

    Google Chrome for Linux was released this past December as a beta product, but today Google is releasing the first stable version of their Chrome web-browser for Linux. The Mac OS X version is being released today as stable too...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=ODI4NQ

  • #2
    Why the f*ck is it -always- Mac and Linux? Why are the proprietary, capitalist, tell-me-what-you-wear-and-I'll-tell-you-what-computer-programs-to-use pigs always put before awesome foss darwinism?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by susikala View Post
      Why the f*ck is it -always- Mac and Linux? Why are the proprietary, capitalist, tell-me-what-you-wear-and-I'll-tell-you-what-computer-programs-to-use pigs always put before awesome foss darwinism?

      Mac and cheese
      Mac and linux

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by susikala View Post
        Why the f*ck is it -always- Mac and Linux? Why are the proprietary, capitalist, tell-me-what-you-wear-and-I'll-tell-you-what-computer-programs-to-use pigs always put before awesome foss darwinism?
        The common perception is that OS X has more market share than Linux. Is it true? Maybe, but the perception is there, so it gets mentioned first in press releases.

        Comment


        • #5
          As soon as they implement some kind of privacy framework that allows blocking access to user defined urls I'll switch over. Till that time comes it's still Firefox for me

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Mac and cheese
            They both stinks.

            @Susikala

            Thankfully not always. At Heise Online (PL) Linux is usually mentioned before 'stinky one'.

            Comment


            • #7
              It takes so long to release the final Linux version. It seems to be lighter then Firefox (on Linux), but it its support is very weak.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by waucka View Post
                The common perception is that OS X has more market share than Linux. Is it true?
                Speaking for desktops ofcourse, I guess in US+Canada it is. But in Europe and Asia I'm not so sure.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                  As soon as they implement some kind of privacy framework that allows blocking access to user defined urls I'll switch over. Till that time comes it's still Firefox for me
                  You mean like "gksu gedit /etc/hosts"?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm happy with Chromium. My distro releases binaries built from snapshots so often that it takes me less time to build it from svn than to re-download it over and over.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
                      You mean like "gksu gedit /etc/hosts"?
                      That's not fine grained enough. And you cannot put stuff like ".swf?clicktag=" in it. Well you can but it doesn't make sense. But I can imagine that from a Google point of view they'd rather not have such a thing in Chrome

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They STILL haven't fixed the annoying bouncy text in the url bar bug. How utterly annoying and amateurish.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          NoScript please.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                            That's not fine grained enough. And you cannot put stuff like ".swf?clicktag=" in it. Well you can but it doesn't make sense. But I can imagine that from a Google point of view they'd rather not have such a thing in Chrome
                            Privoxy and /etc/hosts works well enough for me. Bonus points for working on any browser without having to install an extension or configuring it separately.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bugmenot2 View Post
                              They STILL haven't fixed the annoying bouncy text in the url bar bug. How utterly annoying and amateurish.
                              The what?

                              (Can't see anything bouncy here)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X