Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu One Music Store Pushed In Rhythmbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Since you aknowledge that, at least, I'm pretty curious to see what audio format you'll choose the next time... Really curious...
    Some users doesn't equate to most or all. You can't please everybody all the time.

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Some users doesn't equate to most or all. You can't please everybody all the time.
      I agree to this, but do you really believe that by using vorbis in this forum, he will please even fewer?

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        I agree to this, but do you really believe that by using vorbis in this forum, he will please even fewer?
        Probably, given that not everybody sits in front of a computer to listen to audio.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by dashcloud View Post
          I would hope they could integrate as many music stores as possible- maybe like Amarok's handling of Jamendo & Magnatunes? (Which are a slightly different case than a straight music store).
          Rhythmbox has supported Jamendo and Magnatunes for years.

          I sure hope we won't get an MP3 store, but it wouldn't be unprecedented. Totem's YouTube plugin asks you to install Flash video support, and Konqueror will nag you until you install all kinds of unfree crap.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Probably, given that not everybody sits in front of a computer to listen to audio.
            I understand that "not everybody" as "few guys", but still everything is speculation. Whenever he uses a proprietary format then many more whine against it rather than support it. Certainly, this is not a proof but he could try, at least for once and see the reaction of people.

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by Apopas View Post
              I understand that "not everybody" as "few guys", but still everything is speculation. Whenever he uses a proprietary format then many more whine against it rather than support it. Certainly, this is not a proof but he could try, at least for once and see the reaction of people.
              So lets present this, offer both mp3 and ogg, keep track of what gets downloaded the most and loser walks away never to whine again.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                So lets present this, offer both mp3 and ogg, keep track of what gets downloaded the most and loser walks away never to whine again.
                Heh, it won't work. I will download a thousand times the ogg format for example
                Only by the reaction in the forums we will able to get an idea.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by Apopas View Post
                  Heh, it won't work. I will download a thousand times the ogg format for example
                  Easily tracked.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    BTW, but already saying you will cheat already speaks volumes about your confidence in your crusade.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Users *would* choose Vorbis if they were actually told right there at the download link that it offers the better quality and that mp3 is only intended as the compatible fall-back option (like for portable mp3 players.)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X