KDE Puts Out Software Compilation 4.4 Beta 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    Like I said forget about Gimp and Krita, because both are slow when I choose bigger brush size and when I have compositing enabled
    Krita is going to be amazing very soon:

Krita Team Seeking Sponsorship to Take Krita to Next Level

Comment

Well this is just an early first impression, as I just installed the beta on my new testing-partition, but it looks and feels awesome. It's really snappy (well, that also might be due to me being used fglrx 9.3 from my main-partition and now using radeon on my testing-partition) and there are many littly subtle effects which add alot to the overall experience. For example the contents of tabs now crossfade when switching between them, and buttons have a nice glow-effect which also fades in and out. Konqueror also feels fast and snappy, maybe it will finally be able to replace firefox as my day to day browser.
      Overall I gotta say I'm really impressed with KDE SC 4.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
        I hope only to log out quicker than 4.3
        i find my slow logout problem only to be the stupidly long sound effect causing system to block until it finished playing... I requested it be removed or (shortened to a blurp) but no-one reads my bug reports.. other then that it's vary fast.

next thing i want changed is the startup sound to be short and 25% volume.. im sure some of you noticed you speakers set to 100% up after an fresh install and the stupid startup sound wakes up your angry wife.

Comment

Originally posted by steverweber View Post
          next thing i want changed is the startup sound to be short and 25% volume.. im sure some of you noticed you speakers set to 100% up after an fresh install and the stupid startup sound wakes up your angry wife.
          Holy shit! I was going to make fun of you since I was 100% sure there would be an option to change the startup/logout sound and to adjust the volume, but the I looked myself and didn't find it. This really make me a sad panda . It's just so not-kde-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            Holy shit! I was going to make fun of you since I was 100% sure there would be an option to change the startup/logout sound and to adjust the volume, but the I looked myself and didn't find it. This really make me a sad panda . It's just so not-kde-ish.
            From System Setting open System Notifications and there you can change both, the sound that is played and the volume of sounds played.

Comment

Originally posted by steverweber View Post
              i find my slow logout problem only to be the stupidly long sound effect causing system to block until it finished playing... I requested it be removed or (shortened to a blurp) but no-one reads my bug reports.. other then that it's vary fast.
              I don't have sounds enabled at all. It must be something else...

Comment

Originally posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
                From System Setting open System Notifications and there you can change both, the sound that is played and the volume of sounds played.
                the option to change the sounds is kinda deep to find but check under system settings->notifications->system notifications->dropdown_event source("KDE system Notifications")->listbox("Logout")->checkbox_playAsound(false)

I think dropDown_event("KDE system Notifications") should be changed to the default... since most users want to find it more often then not.

and yes volume% for each sound effect would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  Krita is going to be amazing very soon:

Krita Team Seeking Sponsorship to Take Krita to Next Level
                  Yes, it will be great app. However, my problems are related rather to graphic drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
                    Yeah you're right, thanks god :P. Would've expected it somewhere else though.

Comment

Nepomuk, much more than file indexing

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                      I don't have a use for it. I know where my files are, I don't need to index them :P
                      Indexing files is a very tiny part of what Nepomuk does. Also, unfortunately, Nepomuk is just at the beginning of its potential. After it becomes a bit more performant many applications will start to use it in very cool ways you've never thought of.

Comment

Working...
                      X