Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine 1.1.32 Brings Multiple Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wine 1.1.32 Brings Multiple Improvements

    Phoronix: Wine 1.1.32 Brings Multiple Improvements

    Wine 1.1.32 is now out, but unlike Wine 1.1.30 and Wine 1.1.31 there are not any Direct3D 10 improvements specifically mentioned for this release. However, the highlights for Wine 1.1.32 include many crypto fixes (particularly targeted at the 64-bit architecture), improved DVD access on Mac OS X, several improvements to common controls, HTML support improvements, DIB optimizations, and various other bug-fixes.The Wine 1.1.32 release announcement is to be found, as always, at WineHQ.org...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzYzNA

  • #2
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Wine 1.1.32 Brings Multiple Improvements

    Wine 1.1.32 is now out, but unlike Wine 1.1.30 and Wine 1.1.31 there are not any Direct3D 10 improvements specifically mentioned for this release. However, the highlights for Wine 1.1.32 include many crypto fixes (particularly targeted at the 64-bit architecture), improved DVD access on Mac OS X, several improvements to common controls, HTML support improvements, DIB optimizations, and various other bug-fixes.The Wine 1.1.32 release announcement is to be found, as always, at WineHQ.org...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzYzNA
    Odd.. If you look at the shortlog provided at the mentioned link, you see that there were indeed improvements to d3d10. Granted, there wasn't much, and AJ didn't mention it in his summary, but they are definitely there. You might want to read these things a bit more closely before posting these articles.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sandain View Post
      and AJ didn't mention it in his summary
      It's almost like they weren't

      Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      specifically mentioned

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        It's almost like they weren't
        Yep, but look Henri's Verbeet patches (the man in charge of directx). Some reffers (search IDirect3D9Ex for example) to bugs with .net frameworks which are very important too. So it justifies a little pause in the dx10 implementation, he can't be everywhere.

        Comment


        • #5
          The list of improvements which were specifically about D3D10 are:

          Henri Verbeet
          • d3d10: Explicitly handle D3D10_SVC_STRUCT in set_variable_vtbl().

          Rico Schüller (4):
          • d3d10: Implement ID3D10EffectVariable::GetElement().
          • d3d10: Implement ID3D10EffectConstantBuffer::GetParentConstantBuffe r().
          • d3d10/tests: Add variable member test.
          • d3d10/tests: Add ID3D10EffectVariable::GetElement() test.

          Also, sometimes fixes in one D3D version will fix bugs in another.

          It is a little sloppy saying that there are no improvements at all, especially when the full list of changes is only a click away. There were some fixes, just not so many as to be worth including in the top changes this release.

          See the full Wine 1.3.32 shortlog.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can we already use DirectX 10 to do something useful in Wine?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NSLW View Post
              Can we already use DirectX 10 to do something useful in Wine?
              Not really, unless you define rendering some triangles as useful
              Last edited by NeoBrain; 10-26-2009, 01:48 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
                Not really, unless you define rendering some triangles as useful
                I thought that WineD3D was Direct3D version independant (well, sort of...) and that Direct3D10 support would only require adding some effects and stuff on top of what they already had?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                  I thought that WineD3D was Direct3D version independant (well, sort of...) and that Direct3D10 support would only require adding some effects and stuff on top of what they already had?
                  Well, the API has changed significantly between D3D9 and D3D10, so I guess the D3D10 guys focus more on implementing all the different interfaces than actually getting things to work (e.g. the effect interface was D3DX-specific prior to D3D10 but is now included in core D3D... Although I think that it moved back to D3DX again in DX11... Same for the shader compiler), yet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
                    Well, the API has changed significantly between D3D9 and D3D10, so I guess the D3D10 guys focus more on implementing all the different interfaces than actually getting things to work (e.g. the effect interface was D3DX-specific prior to D3D10 but is now included in core D3D... Although I think that it moved back to D3DX again in DX11... Same for the shader compiler), yet.
                    But the binary function calls remained the same, right?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X