Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    until KDE 4.4 is released next January
    Michael, KDE 4.4 is going to be slipped forward by two weeks because they decided they want to depend on Qt 4.6, so they want some more slack time to test it all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      Did you really take offense to me calling desktop widgets and such silly or did you want to present a counter argument to them being silly? Seriously what set you off? I can't tell.

Are you being silly again?
      Er, no, just wanted to point out that you can still offend people even if you put a smiley in there.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        Er, no, just wanted to point out that you can still offend people even if you put a smiley in there.
        I'm sorry I offended you. It was you I offended right? If not, why not let those who were actually offended speak their piece. They probably have more to say than "ya know, that could be offensive to someone somewhere" which could be true about any negative statement about anything (however slight and even if mostly in jest).

To whom may have been offended by someone on the Internet calling them silly : Why do you feel desktop widgets are not as silly as I might make them out to be and why should I take them more seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
          I'll take KDE3's Kaffeine over the Phonon based Krapeine any day. I know it's still pre-release but that doesn't seem to stop distros from using it (openSUSE 11.2 and Karmic will for example).
          If you're willing to go with a Qt4 option, SMPlayer is phenomenal. I missed Kaffeine until I discovered SMPlayer.

There's also VLC, which is full-featured and stable.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            If you're willing to go with a Qt4 option, SMPlayer is phenomenal.
            This may be the understatement of the century.

Comment

smplayer is only a gui for mplayer. If you want to be cool use it from cli

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                smplayer is only a gui for mplayer. If you want to be cool use it from cli
                even k3b is just a gui, should I use cdrecord from cli then?

Comment

Originally posted by krazy View Post
                  It's been dropped from karmic in favour of dragonplayer.
                  Bummer. Dragonplayer has some seek issues
                  Ah well, at least VLC will integrate nicely with my KDE4 desktop
                  Last edited by JeanPaul145; 09 October 2009, 06:19 AM.

Comment

@bulletxt

growisofs or wodim is not that hard to use, but for cd burning i prefer wine and

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

as the verify option is much better. you can even verify already burnt iso images with it.

Comment

Pity though it's not free software.

Comment

Working...
                      X