Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.3.2 Makes It Out With Some Enhancements

Phoronix: KDE 4.3.2 Makes It Out With Some Enhancements

Continuing with the monthly point-release updates until KDE 4.4 is released next January, KDE 4.3.2 packages are now available for download. KDE 4.3.2 brings many crasher fixes, further stabilization work to KWin's window compositing effects, and KMail improvements. The KDE 4.3.2 release announcement is available at KDE.org...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It runs smooth!

Comment

It's rock-solid here. But then again, I'm not the "tweak it to death" kind of person.

Comment

Kde4 is just fantastic.

Comment

Fast, modern, full featured and easy to use. Just awesome DE.

Comment

I'll take KDE3's Kaffeine over the Phonon based Krapeine any day. I know it's still pre-release but that doesn't seem to stop distros from using it (openSUSE 11.2 and Karmic will for example).

Alas my list of KDE4 gripes is dwindling even if I don't see the point in having lots of windows stuck to the surface of the desktop without the ability to be on top of other windows. I just don't see how it makes anything more useful to be part of your wallpaper. I don't care how fast you can minimize/hide all your windows to get to it... it just serves to disconnect the widget from your work flow. I know I don't have to use them (and I don't). I just think they are silly and wanted to let you know that I think you're silly too if you like them.

Comment

Kaffeine is crap everywhere Only MPlayer delivers.

Also, you're an idiot

I could flame more and just put emoticons at the end to make it appear more friendly. Like this And it might even have an affect on you, since, as said, you're an idiot
              Last edited by RealNC; 07 October 2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                I'll take KDE3's Kaffeine over the Phonon based Krapeine any day. I know it's still pre-release but that doesn't seem to stop distros from using it (openSUSE 11.2 and Karmic will for example).
                It's been dropped from karmic in favour of dragonplayer.

Comment

Kaffeine rocks! It rocked at least when I had tried in KDE3. I always wanted a similar player for Gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    Kaffeine is crap everywhere Only MPlayer delivers.

Also, you're an idiot

I could flame more and just put emoticons at the end to make it appear more friendly. Like this And it might even have an affect on you, since, as said, you're an idiot
                    Did you really take offense to me calling desktop widgets and such silly or did you want to present a counter argument to them being silly? Seriously what set you off? I can't tell.

Are you being silly again?

Comment

Working...
                    X