Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUPS 1.4.0 Printing Server Brings New Interface

Phoronix: CUPS 1.4.0 Printing Server Brings New Interface

On the same day as the release of the Mac OS X 10.6 operating system, which contains many printing improvements among its new feature set, the Apple-owned CUPS project has come out with version 1.4.0. CUPS 1.4 offers improvements to its web interface (including a brand new look), CUPS DDK tools, Bonjour printing support, many scheduler improvements, and over 67 other changes. The CUPS 1.4.0 release announcement can be read at CUPS.org...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NzQ4OQ

Finally a new look

Finally a new look. Ever since Apple bought CUPS, I wondered why the project web site still looked like ass despite tons of skilled designers at Apple.

Except the new looks, my personal favourite change in 1.4 is:
    61. PDF filter; the pdftops filter has been replaced with a wrapper program that runs the Xpdf, poppler, or Ghostscript PDF to PostScript utilities.

This reduces unnecessary code duplication between projects and especially poppler is developing nicely anyway.

Comment

Does somebody has screenshots of the new interface?

Comment

Originally posted by MartjeB View Post
        Does somebody has screenshots of the new interface?
        The basic style of the new web interface is just like their website www.cups.org

Comment

Looks fine to me. I always wondered why they didn't changed it to something more modern .

Comment

Working...
          X