Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.3 Beta 2 Released, More K Improvements

Phoronix: KDE 4.3 Beta 2 Released, More K Improvements

The KDE crew has shipped the second beta release of the forthcoming KDE 4.3 desktop environment. As described in the release announcement, "KDE 4.3 focuses on polishing and completing the user experience by providing a modern and beautiful Free working environment."Some of the KDE 4.3 highlights include PolicyKit integration, Geolocation services support, new window animation effects, SVG-themed desktop and panel toolbox, new Plasmoids, and many other additions and improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

yea! go kde!

Comment

Best DE out there for me. Even beats OS X

Comment

If KDE 4.3 is released I will try it instead of gnome again.

Comment

Kde 4.2.4 is far the best DE I have ever tried. I'm sure kde 4.3 beats it ;-)

@ Michael
          I think it would be nice if you developed a qt4 version of phonix-test-suite.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
            @ Michael
            I think it would be nice if you developed a qt4 version of phonix-test-suite.
            Show me some good Qt4 PHP bindings... Though such a Qt GUI would not likely occur without the commercial backing of an interested party.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Been using KDE 4.3beta1 and loving it :P hopefully Fedora 4.3beta2 packages arrive shortly

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Show me some good Qt4 PHP bindings... Though such a Qt GUI would not likely occur without the commercial backing of an interested party.
                Why not just write the test suite in something like Perl, if you need a scripting language.

It seems a bit silly to be developing a test suite using PHP.

Comment

Hefty changelog, nice improvements, but still it needs to be faster and more efficient. The amount of resources some K apps use is a disaster. At least it logs out faster.

Comment

Does anybody know if there is a chance of getting improved printing support (odd/even page selection and n-up printing) and an obex kioslave (for browsing mobiles) before the final freeze?

There is no mention of these in the changelog, but they were expected from the release goals, so I really hope that they can make it. I realize that to some having a wallpaper that changes with the weather and a screensaver progressively eating the desktop is by far more exciting, but please give a chance to save the forests also to those who do not own a duplex printer.

Comment

Working...
                    X