Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz 0.8.0 Has Been Released, Finally

Phoronix: Compiz 0.8.0 Has Been Released, Finally

Compiz 0.8 was branched from master back in November, but only today do we now have the v0.8.0 release of Compiz. Since that point the future of Compiz was called into question and Compiz++ had emerged as a C++ rewrite of Compiz that also brings a separation of the Composite and OpenGL layers, a new plug-in design, and other changes. It was then decided earlier this month that the Compiz developers would release Compiz 0.8 and then go on to merge Nomand and Compiz++ back into Compiz prior to reaching a 1.0 status...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Compiz++ was already merged to master

Comment

Originally posted by some-guy View Post
      Compiz++ was already merged to master
      I checked out compiz, wanted to build a Debian-package and there was no ./autogen.sh, but a cmake folder...stunned me for a few seconds.

Then I realized that I had been on master...*g*
      Last edited by AliBaba; 20 February 2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Call me a noob, but I can't tell if this is good or bad news concerning Compiz. Will it still work the same?

Comment

I checked out compiz, wanted to build a Debian-package and there was no ./autogen.sh, but a cmake folder...stunned me for a few seconds.
          The sooner autotools die, the better for all of us. CMake is a suitable replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
            The sooner autotools die, the better for all of us. CMake is a suitable replacement.
            The only problem I see with cmake is having to append -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/some/path and -DLIB_SUFFIX=32/64/none
            cmake should alias the first with --prefix and the second with --libsuffix

Comment

Working...
            X