No announcement yet.

Post your desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now to change those system tray icons...

Comment

Switched from openbox to awesome recently... loving tiling WM's....

clean

dirty

Comment

This is my desktop. Although I use ubuntu, I like Fedora's solar theme very much!

Comment

simple ubuntu/gnome desktop for me

Comment

Originally posted by DoDoENT View Post
            This is my desktop. Although I use ubuntu, I like Fedora's solar theme very much!
            I wish Ubuntu had a nice blue theme. I am using usplash, gdm , wallpapers etc from Bluman. I like Fedora's Nodoka GTK theme and also their Echo icon theme and Bluecurve cursors - very original and refreshing. Without much ado, here's my simple desktop :

As a side note, although a theme is people's personal choice, I wish people stop blatantly cloning Windows' or MacOS' themes.

Also, I must appreciate OpenSuse's very professional artwork.

On a sidenote to using gtk apps on kde-4.2 (like RealNC posted), those using gtk-qt-engine may have observed that running gtk apps as root (with sudo) has the ugly default gnome look - to rectify this, copy over ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 as /root/.gtkrc-2.0. Also, those using 64-bit linux and a gtk engine not in default gnome, for the 32-bit apps like acroread to look the same, do copy over the appropriate 32-bit theme engine library to say /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/. I wish the fallback theme of gnome was a little more aesthetic .
            Last edited by hdas; 12 February 2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Great News! I was just informed a week ago that I won top honors in the division, "Art in Nature" in an International Photo Competition call...

one of the coolest looking blue wallpapers ever

taken by karen garbee the wife of bdale garbee a linux developer http://www.gag.com/

Comment

Working...
              X