No announcement yet.

Post your desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now to change those system tray icons...

Comment

Switched from openbox to awesome recently... loving tiling WM's....

clean

dirty

Comment

This is my desktop. Although I use ubuntu, I like Fedora's solar theme very much!

Comment

simple ubuntu/gnome desktop for me

Comment

Originally posted by DoDoENT View Post
            This is my desktop. Although I use ubuntu, I like Fedora's solar theme very much!
            I wish Ubuntu had a nice blue theme. I am using usplash, gdm , wallpapers etc from Bluman. I like Fedora's Nodoka GTK theme and also their Echo icon theme and Bluecurve cursors - very original and refreshing. Without much ado, here's my simple desktop :

As a side note, although a theme is people's personal choice, I wish people stop blatantly cloning Windows' or MacOS' themes.

Also, I must appreciate OpenSuse's very professional artwork.

On a sidenote to using gtk apps on kde-4.2 (like RealNC posted), those using gtk-qt-engine may have observed that running gtk apps as root (with sudo) has the ugly default gnome look - to rectify this, copy over ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 as /root/.gtkrc-2.0. Also, those using 64-bit linux and a gtk engine not in default gnome, for the 32-bit apps like acroread to look the same, do copy over the appropriate 32-bit theme engine library to say /usr/lib32/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/. I wish the fallback theme of gnome was a little more aesthetic .
            Last edited by hdas; 02-12-2009, 07:35 AM.

Comment

http://karenskollage.blogspot.com/20...to-winner.html

one of the coolest looking blue wallpapers ever

taken by karen garbee the wife of bdale garbee a linux developer http://www.gag.com/

Comment

Working...
              X