Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeBSD 10.0-RC5 Ends Up Being Declared

Phoronix: FreeBSD 10.0-RC5 Ends Up Being Declared

While FreeBSD 10.0-RC4 was released last week and it was the last anticipated version before the already delayed final FreeBSD 10.0 release, an RC5 version ended up being warranted today...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTU2NjM

Originally posted by CthuIhux View Post
    Once again, the FoolBSD project has shown just how pathetic and disorganized it is. It goes to show that they havenít improved since RELEASE-9.1 which it itself was an absolute fail. Senoir Phoronix member 0xBADCODE once said that BSDs are project management fail. He was right on the mark.

I can tell you this rarely happens in Linux.
    Once again CtuhIhux has shown just how ignorant he is. FreeBSD missed its target release date for a reason-- there is no point throwing download links about when there are unanticipated issues to clean up. Senior Phoronix member 0xBADCODE is unknown to me; if he cares to show his project managing credentials and put forward a case for why the BSDs fail at project management, he is more than welcome to. Until then, you can put up or shut up, as they say.

Comment

Looks like there's going to be a FreeBSD 10.0-RC6

http://www.marshut.com/imnzxw/iwn-pe...th-10-rc5.html

Or they'll just release with buggy IWN drivers. I think this is more likely as a 10.0-RC6 will just show how incompetent they are. People will be asking why this bug wasn't found and fixed in alpha or beta?

I should warn users of FreeBSD with Intel drivers that they are better of not upgrading to RELEASE-10 instead maybe accept and switch to Linux.
      The first time I come over this forum, I expected to find more mature people but still some teenagers ... I have nothing against Linux as it is my daily OS but I m more happy that it exists different approaches about what an Unix should be ... Choice is always good !
      So about upcoming FreeBSD I regret somehow lack of ASLR availability (while even DragonFlyBSD has...) but still it is one of my favourite free OS !

Comment

Once again, the FoolBSD project has shown just how pathetic and disorganized it is. It goes to show that they havenít improved since RELEASE-9.1 which it itself was an absolute fail. Senoir Phoronix member 0xBADCODE once said that BSDs are project management fail. He was right on the mark.

I can tell you this rarely happens in Linux.
        I can tell you that you that you are a clueless troll.

Notice that the mainline linux kernel is at "rc8" at the moment? lol... Linus frequently gets ticked off with how many RC's happen before a kernel is released.

Great project management amongst the linux devs..

So because a release timeline is missed its automatically bad project management? Retard.

Comment

Working...
        X