Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JabirOS: A Former Ubuntu OS Turned FreeBSD

Phoronix: JabirOS: A Former Ubuntu OS Turned FreeBSD

A developer behind JabirOS has written into Phoronix to announce their new FreeBSD-derived project. Formerly JabirOS was based upon Ubuntu...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQzODM

Amazing.. It seems Larabel is trolling as usual.

Comment

freeBSD-based and user-friendly hmmm..
      maybe it's user-fiendly for BSD integrist geeks

Comment

So Did JabirOS Jump the gun on Ubuntu and start using BSD a head of time?

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
          freeBSD-based and user-friendly hmmm..
          maybe it's user-fiendly for BSD integrist geeks
          FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and DragonflyBSD are all about as friendly as Arch. NetBSD is the only one that doesn't have a pre-built binary method of installing, and is therefore more in-between Arch and Gentoo (to my current knowledge)

Comment

Originally posted by TestingTe View Post
            FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and DragonflyBSD are all about as friendly as Arch. NetBSD is the only one that doesn't have a pre-built binary method of installing, and is therefore more in-between Arch and Gentoo (to my current knowledge)
            hehe and now Arch is a beginner oriented OS ...

Comment

Lol, another OS I've never heard of, that I will never think about again.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                Lol, another OS I've never heard of, that I will never think about again.
                No kidding!

I bet all 5 of JabirOS users were happy that JabriOS moved away from the "evil" Canonical. How dare Canonical try to make a better display server and desktop environment!

Comment

Hi guys.

JabirOS has more than 100 users in Iran (our country) and I've started this project from 2012.

How to install JabirOS? http://forums.jabirproject.org/viewtopic.php?id=54

Comment

Originally posted by bapfreak View Post
                    No kidding!

I bet all 5 of JabirOS users were happy that JabriOS moved away from the "evil" Canonical. How dare Canonical try to make a better display server and desktop environment!
                    JabirOS has more than 100 users, only in Iran.

How to install : http://forums.jabirproject.org/viewtopic.php?id=54

Comment

BTW: since when is Ubuntu an OS?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxGamer
                        Ubuntu For Android is going to be BSD too

http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...for-commercial
                        Lol, No!
                        Ubuntu is a Linux distro.

Comment

Nice move. I find that FreeBSD is a pretty useful system. I like the clear distinction between base system and add-on software. The system is consistent and the documentation is top-notch. ZFS is so useful I can't imagine going back to a regular file system. You get the benefits of cheap snapshots, cloning, fast incremental backups, lz4 compression, boot environments. It works wonderfully with jails. Sound just works including mixing and per-application volume settings. No need for an additional 'sound server' that just gives you more latency. And the ports system gives you the ability to easily configure your software exactly like you want.

It's perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajn View Post
                            Lol, No!
                            Ubuntu is a Linux distro.
                            why not GNU distro? or GNU/Linux or GNU/Linux/Xorg/Mesa/Python/Qt/libreoffice whatelse you want
                            that's bullshit
                            Ubuntu is an OS or linux-based OS
                            i bet they will remove all GNU tools (gcc glibc etc..) replace them by cmake llvm boost etc it's not GNU/Linux anymore

Comment

Originally posted by benalib View Post
                              why not GNU distro? or GNU/Linux or GNU/Linux/Xorg/Mesa/Python/Qt/libreoffice whatelse you want
                              that's bullshit
                              Ubuntu is an OS or linux-based OS
                              i bet they will remove all GNU tools (gcc glibc etc..) replace them by cmake llvm boost etc it's not GNU/Linux anymore
                              Well Ubuntu is a GNU/Linux distro, however the thing that were discussed in this thread were the kernel
                              if you didn't notice. Linux is the kernel.
                              It like coming to a discussion of what you prefer the most, apples or pears and than jump in an state
                              "I prefer Lamborghini".

Also why would they remove the GNU tools? That's just silly.

Comment

Working...
                              X