• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BSD Sucks and Dies
    there are no applications that *BSD can run that Linux cannot
    vi.

And not only do you spread BSD ads spam but windows and mac ads spam
    ... while you spread Linux spam. Obviously "spam" does not need to be bad, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
      GCC version alone is not enough, as it can be compiled without OpenMP. (libgomp needs separate porting to platforms)
      Ah, I see. Is there a technical reason as to why libgomp wasn't ported or was it just a matter of not enough developers/worth the effort?

Comment

And you fail, like all Linux fanboys do.

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
          Ah, I see. Is there a technical reason as to why libgomp wasn't ported or was it just a matter of not enough developers/worth the effort?
          I think it just wasn't important to anyone till one new person on the mailing list mentioned it and after a short discussion one of the devs ported it.

Comment

Look at the server and supercomputer market.
            Market share means quality to you?
            So you use Windows on the desktop?

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhux View Post
              Market share means quality to you?
              So you use Windows on the desktop?
              Don't feed the trolls. They aren't interested in an intelligent discussion.

Comment

I know. That's why I actually answer. The best way to make a troll go away is to make him look dumb.

Comment

So look at the desktop market. Who except you uses that thing called gNewSense? I'd bet there are more PC-BSD users around.
                  Now tell me again about the relevance of the market.

Comment

So look at the desktop market. Who except you uses that thing called gNewSense? I'd bet there are more PC-BSD users around.
                    Now tell me again about the relevance of the market.
                    pcbsd users are only temporary. Within using for maybe a week or shorter, they hate it and get rid of it.

Their comments about it are usually along the lines of boots up to slow, can't boot, too slow, clashes often, Xorg doesn't work (Most common), can't get WIFI to work, can't detect USB, only uses KDE, torture to the eyes

At least gNewSense users are more permanent and besides it's kernel Linux is used far more then all the BSDs (excluding Mac and Windows) put together.

So chill out BSD bitches!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BSD BullShitDistro View Post
                      pcbsd users are only temporary. Within using for maybe a week or shorter, they hate it and get rid of it.
                      That's how I felt with gNewSense. Took me an hour. Boring.

Their comments about it are usually along the lines of boots up to slow, can't boot, too slow, clashes often, Xorg doesn't work (Most common), can't get WIFI to work, can't detect USB, only uses KDE, torture to the eyes
                      Uses more window managers/desktop environments than you might even know, a pleasure to the eyes, had no such problems.

At least gNewSense users are more permanent
                      Proven wrong.

and besides it's kernel Linux is used far more then all the BSDs (excluding Mac and Windows) put together.
                      See, your argument is "Linux has a wider audience, so it must be better."
                      Thus, Windows must be better than Linux. Good riddance.

Comment

No actually it's trying to enlighten people about how dangerous and destructive BSD is to a person's life and freedom.
                        Really? Could you please provide your definition of 'freedom'?

BSD is meanless and insignificant by itself(s) but they supply code big empires like MS and apple (because they can't make thier own code) which in turn strip people of their freedom so, BSD actually contributes to the proliferation of proprietary software and the subversion of people's freedom.
                        You are missing too much... You need to remember why and how of BSD. Do you know the context where BSD originally was developed? It was from academy, way before MS and Apple. With this said, your judgement is unfair and, to some extent, even pointless. Because BSD preceded MS and Apple, BSD (together with the license) isn't a CONSEQUENCE of them, as you repeatedly seem to imply; they (BSD and license) were invented independently and, if you recall, the original intention was to FREE UNIX FROM AT&T.
                        If Apple has taken BSD's code, and even if they don't return the enhancements, this is just a side effect I don't care about, because the original philosophy remains untouched.

Only when BSD dies will free software dominate over proprietary software
                        Apart from this statement being totally wrong, I don't care who dominates the software scene.
                        And, once more, it would be nice for you to provide what you meen by 'free', as this whole discussion ultimately boils down to this question.

Comment

That's how I felt with gNewSense. Took me an hour. Boring.

Uses more window managers/desktop environments than you might even know, a pleasure to the eyes, had no such problems.

Proven wrong.

See, your argument is "Linux has a wider audience, so it must be better."
                          Thus, Windows must be better than Linux. Good riddance.
                          I forget to mention that when Wayland is finally matured, pcbsd (together with all other BSDs) will finally be put down like a sick dog. Cant wait for that to happen

Comment

Why? X.org works.
                            If it is not broken, don't fix it.

Comment

I think someone here is talking to himself - three accounts with similar names, similar join dates, and similar amounts of posts.

Comment

How long has Linux had corporate backing? I think it's quite pathetic that in all these years they haven't made a good desktop, while the BSDs are still chugging along with mere donations.

Linux could afford to employ at least 10 Dillons and McKusicks to lead the development. I think there is a significant difference in mentality between Linux and BSD. Linux: politics first, code second. BSD: code first, politics second.
                                Last edited by joe_gunner; 12-12-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X