Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should There Be A Unified BSD Operating System?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #81
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    Authoritarian, not authoritative. One license offers the freedom of the former Soviet Union, you are free to do whatever you want as long you give up your own rights.
    The GPL is a conditional offer of a privilege, subject to the property right of the copyright holder in their copyright. Is that not precisely the same right that must be used to add GPL-incompatible conditions (software patents notwithstanding)?

    Comment


    • #82
      Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      One license offers the freedom of the former Soviet Union, you are free to do whatever you want as long you give up your own rights. One license offers real freedom.
      Cry me a river.

      Comment


      • #83
        Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
        One license offers the freedom of the former Soviet Union, you are free to do whatever you want as long you give up your own rights.
        ...

        Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
        yet I have still contributed more lines of code to more OSS projects than you.
        Oh have you now?

        Comment


        • #84
          Thanks, but no thanks.

          There's no need to mix Linux and BSD development. If they want something from the bastardized UNIX a.k.a Linux it's their problem. Nobody from this side of the fence gives a damn about their problems.

          Moreso, since (Free)BSD is an Apple side project nowadays, maybe they can open source their own Quartz display server and some of their Intel drivers, so that their brethren can have the best FOSS in the world.

          Comment


          • #85
            uhu, yeah, whatever

            Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            You'd like us to believe that you are a liberal, but it is clear from your arguments that you are not.

            In every conversation on this forum about anything licensed under a permissive license, your stand is clearly made for the authoritarian nature of the gpl.
            GPL is about freedom, except right to remove freedom. Like any sentient government - person is free to do anything, except removing this freedom. So no fascism is allowed. Yeah, go cry about how authoritarian that is and how you want to shoot and enslave everyone freely.

            Originally posted by Anarchy View Post
            Moreso, since (Free)BSD is an Apple side project nowadays, maybe they can open source their own Quartz display server and some of their Intel drivers, so that their brethren can have the best FOSS in the world.
            Ah, anarchy, yeah, go suck on their lengths more, you are OWNED for life, where did your freedom suddenly go?
            Last edited by brosis; 02-10-2013, 12:27 PM.

            Comment


            • #86
              Originally posted by brosis View Post
              Ah, anarchy, yeah, go suck on their lengths more, you are OWNED for life, where did your freedom suddenly go?

              Nowhere. All I need is python, Latex and a decent compiler and I'm good to go. I can do my work on Linux, osx, windows and even freebsd. I don't even need fancy 3D drivers, as long as they can show 2D graphics I'm fine.

              Where's your freedom? In you pants?

              Comment


              • #87
                Sorry for my note in your interested talk, I'm just want to present info about project: FreeBSD KMS for AMD cards
                Wiki page of a project is HERE
                Will wait for a coming good working AMD cards on FreeBSD!!!

                Comment

                Working...
                X