Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DragonFlyBSD 3.2.1 Battles Against Linux For Speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post
    Yeah, but I meant none of these are included in the kernel.
    ...
    Of course, because kernel is not user space.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by LightBit View Post
      ...
      Of course, because kernel is not user space.
      I think he means in the kernel sources (which does contain some userspace code; mainly simple utilities).

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by JanC View Post
        I think he means in the kernel sources (which does contain some userspace code; mainly simple utilities).
        It doesn't have to be.


        Linux is hybrid kernel, because most Linux distributions have udevd service running in user space.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by LightBit View Post
          Linux is hybrid kernel, because most Linux distributions have udevd service running in user space.
          I guess you could say that. I couldn't even get opinions about this in stackoverflow because my question wouldn't have a "factual answer".

          Comment


          • #25
            Would be interested in seeing some benchmarks of this new release against other BSDs and Linux other than those for Postgres.

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by LightBit View Post
              Linux is hybrid kernel, because most Linux distributions have udevd service running in user space.
              By the way, this is a totally inane argument (I guess the "rolleyes" was there to depict that). Using your logic you could say nobody cares about BSD simply because most people don't.

              Comment


              • #27
                Originally posted by Sergeax View Post
                By the way, this is a totally inane argument (I guess the "rolleyes" was there to depict that). Using your logic you could say nobody cares about BSD simply because most people don't.
                Calling kernel a hybrid is inane, because most of modern OS's can be called hybrid by definition. It is meaningless.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by kill BSD
                  BTW

                  Do you know that the biggest use of BSD is running Servers which host pr0n?
                  Great, they usually serve the highest amount of traffic. I bet Linux geeks are the biggest users.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X