Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Delivers Some Performance Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by boast View Post
    Same reason people watch youtube videos to comment how much it sucks.
    And you (or them anyway) are proud of that? The article isn't bad, its fine - just not open source related. I really don't see the big deal when this happens every once in a while.

    Comment


    • #12
      I'm surprised so many of you are not so creative and lose point of the article and just want to complain about Apple while not adding any value.... I clearly laid out the OpenBenchmarking.org ID in the article and basically invited you guys to run some comparative benchmarks on your own hardware. I thought by now the discussion would have at least turned to remarks by independent users running tests how their $1000 Linux PC notebook is beating a $2100 rMBP or some discussions at least a bit more technical.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #13
        Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I thought by now the discussion would have at least turned to remarks by independent users running tests how their $1000 Linux PC notebook is beating a $2100 rMBP
        You need an Apple blog for this stuff, because nobody running Linux gives a rats ass about it.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I'm surprised so many of you are not so creative and lose point of the article and just want to complain about Apple while not adding any value.... I clearly laid out the OpenBenchmarking.org ID in the article and basically invited you guys to run some comparative benchmarks on your own hardware. I thought by now the discussion would have at least turned to remarks by independent users running tests how their $1000 Linux PC notebook is beating a $2100 rMBP or some discussions at least a bit more technical.
          How another operating system on another hardware compares is useless information.
          I would like to see you benchmark Linux on the same hardware.

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            How another operating system on another hardware compares is useless information.
            I would like to see you benchmark Linux on the same hardware.
            As I said in the articles, Linux doesn't run well at all on the hardware right now. It's more or less a broken mess.
            Michael Larabel
            http://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
              You need an Apple blog for this stuff, because nobody running Linux gives a rats ass about it.
              Sorry, but you don't get to speak for everyone in the world who runs Linux. Many people who run Linux also use OSX, and all this is of interest. In fact, Michael's articles on Apple are more technical and give more comparisons than the Apple sites do.

              I am quite happy to keep funding Michael's efforts via a Phoronix Premium subscription, and am also quite happy to tell bitches like you to STFU.

              Michael, keep it up. What you are able to do as a one-man operation is very impressive.

              Comment


              • #17
                Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
                I am quite happy to keep funding Michael's efforts via a Phoronix Premium subscription, and am also quite happy to tell bitches like you to STFU.
                Most Macolytes I've encountered are anxious to visibly manifest superiority.

                Perhaps your money would be better spend on instruction in etiquette.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by dsmithhfx View Post
                  You need an Apple blog for this stuff, because nobody running Linux gives a rats ass about it.
                  Speak for yourself, mate. You're not forced to read every article here, you know.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    well i do enjoy some apple write candy now and then since as many i use OS X for some stuffs too and if linux will be erased from human history today im sure ill use OS X just to never touch windows again[hardened OS X ofc].

                    beside i like a lot their hardware [especially the MBAir] sure is expensive but in my personal experience hardware quality [including motherboard electronic parts ]is top notch in apple[sure is more expensive] and it normally runs linux just fine for some on the road C++ magic and since normally the El Cheapo HP/Dell crappy plastic laptops with horrible BIOS [forced with windows on <--- i hate it] usually last a year in my hand tops [500$/year] while my MBAir has 3,5 years handling all kind of punishment and still works swiftly[999$] i say it worth it.

                    sure i understand maybe you just hate apple or your dell laptop has 10 years with you or you tried apple and got a bad experience but in my personal specific situation apple laptops[for desktop PC i build by hand] are better for me and my specific use[90% linux/ 10% OS X] so this kind of articles are interesting [i wanted to buy the MBP retina but thanks to michael i'll stick to MBAir that seem to work fine wih linux]

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by srg_13 View Post
                      Speak for yourself, mate. You're not forced to read every article here, you know.
                      Only an idiot would acquire a "$2100 rMBP" to benchmark rubbish games on, or really, to run anything other than OS X. The sooner Michael Larrabel realizes that, the better off we'll all be.

                      Michael needs to come in out of the sun, pour himself a nice tall refreshing, non-alcoholic beverage, and refocus.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X