Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, known troll is back.

Comment

Que? Is it not true that OpenSolaris is not in Beta stage yet? Is it not true that Opensolaris is buggy right now, and the performance can vary greatly?

If this is not true, I challenge you to point out the lies. If you can not point out lies, then it is you that is the Troll.

Comment

Originally posted by kebabbert View Post
        Que? Is it not true that OpenSolaris is not in Beta stage yet? Is it not true that Opensolaris is buggy right now, and the performance can vary greatly?

If this is not true, I challenge you to point out the lies. If you can not point out lies, then it is you that is the Troll.
        You already proved many times you're a troll, so why should I bother? You're even giving me exactly the same reason via PM why you are leaving after some trolling. You're even a known troll:

Last edited by kraftman; 26 January 2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I dont understand. If I am wrong, then you can point out my lies, right? If you can not, then I am correct. So, can you point out my lies, in any post? I challenge you, point out something, in any of my posts. Go ahead. If you can not, then it is you that is the troll? I have been accused for FUDing and lying, but when I ask them to prove it, by quoting any lie I have made, then they ALL silent. Yes, in NO case no one has been able to point out a lie. Never. So, please go ahead, or it is you that is the troll?

What have I posted you via PM, now? Could you quote it here so we can read? I dont mind if you post my PM here. Go ahead. Maybe you are just imagining things?

Comment

I dont understand. If I am wrong, then you can point out my lies, right? If you can not, then I am correct. So, can you point out my lies, in any post? I challenge you, point out something, in any of my posts. Go ahead. If you can not, then it is you that is the troll? I have been accused for FUDing and lying, but when I ask them to prove it, by quoting any lie I have made, then they ALL silent. Yes, in NO case no one has been able to point out a lie. Never. So, please go ahead, or it is you that is the troll?

What have I posted you via PM, now? Could you quote it here so we can read? I dont mind if you post my PM here. Go ahead. Maybe you are just imagining things?
            I didn't say you were lying this time, did I? If you're not lying it doesn't mean you're not a troll. What you're usually doing is spreading FUD about Linux, IBM and advertising SUN where possible, you're also cross posting:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...loated-757089/ - the same started at phoronix by Kebabbert...
            http://www.osnews.com/thread?359487 - also the same at phoronix
            http://www.osnews.com/thread?359046 - the same
            http://www.osnews.com/thread?359390 - and the same
            http://forums.channelregister.co.uk/post/638762 - some double masters, the same at phoronix

http://forums.theregister.co.uk/user/34256/ if someone wants to validate

There are many examples of your trolling. To backup your statements you're usually giving SUN related links. Farewell troll.

Your Tokyo trip, you send this twice - each time after trolling.
            Last edited by kraftman; 26 January 2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

So what is Trolling? It is not lying, because I am not - you confessed I do not lie. Also, no one has ever been able to quote my on any lies, never. If you find some of my lyings, go ahead and quote them. Ergo, I am not lying. We both agree on this.

Regarding your links, have you read them? For instance I claim that Linux kernel is bloated, I have claimed that for a long time, several years, and posted links where Linux kernel developers such as Andrew Morton agrees. Of course you have always objected to that, saying I am FUDing about Linux bloat. Only recently, even Linus Torvals himself admitted that Linus is bloated:

"LinuxCon 2009 Linux creator Linus Torvalds says the open source kernel has become "bloated and huge," with no midriff-slimming diet plan in sight."

So where am I lying here? Or FUDing? Even Linux creator agrees! Or do you mean I am lying and FUDing about Linux bloat, then also Linus Torvalds is lying and FUDing? This bloat I have known for many years, and you have always categorically denied and claimed I am only FUDing! But now Linus is agreeing with me. Enough said. It IS true that Linux is bloated.

So no FUD, nor lies here. This is true.

Regarding the other links, for instance where I talk about IBM POWER6 and IBM Mainframe. I claim that "according to official TPC-C benchmarks, you need four 5GHz POWER6 to match two 2.93GHz Intel Nehalem" and I claim that there are examples where 1.4GHz Niagara crushes the 5GHz POWER6, easily. For instance official SIEBEL v8 benchmarks, where you need six(6) P570 Powerservers to match one SUN T5440! And one P570 costs $413.000 and one SUN T5440 costs $76.000! These P570 Powerservers has a total of 28 POWER6 CPUs! Versus SUN T5440 which has four 1.4GHz! So I am trying to say that POWER6 is not that fast as IBM claims.

Regarding IBM Mainframes, one modern z10 CPU gives you 437 Mainframe MIPS, and one Nehalem-EX gives you 400 MIPS (under software emulation which is a factor 5-10x performance hit!). One IBM Mainframe with 64 CPUs is not faster than 16 Nehalem-EX. And I suspect that Mainframe costs more than $50 million! So you are better off with emulating an Mainframe with "Herkules" in Linux:

So I dont lie here, either. No FUD nor lies. (The thing is lots of IBM people are attacking me, they hate when I post such information)

Regarding "I back up my statements by giving SUN related links", well you do not back up your statements. I have given lots of links where Linux is buggy and bloated on Enterprise work and people are forced to migrate to a UNIX. You have claimed that Solaris is buggy and I have asked for links but you have never shown any. You have showed links as, where one guy couldnt install and old version of Solaris on his computer. I give links, you give no relevant links.

For instance, I recently showed links where SUN machine is faster than Linux on SAP benchmarks, on equivalent 8 socket CPU machines. I showed one SUN webpage that had official certified SAP benchmarks linking to www.sap.com. And you accused me of posting "SUN propaganda"?? I mean, the certified SAP benchmarks are found on www.sap.com, not on SUN webpage. SUN only pointed further to www.sap.com. So why is www.sap.com SUN propaganda? It is not SUN propaganda.

And the rest of your links, if you read them, they are similar. People have nothing relevant to say, they can not counter my posts.

Comment

So what is Trolling?
                Exactly what you're doing - spreading FUD, propaganda, advertising SUN, linking to SUN benchmarks and using them to backup your statements, maybe even lying, ignoring other people arguments. Many people already answered you to what you're saying here. I gave you plenty of precious links too.

Ergo, I am not lying. We both agree on this.
                Another example, straw man. It seems every of your response is a straw man one. Like here:

This bloat I have known for many years, and you have always categorically denied and claimed I am only FUDing! But now Linus is agreeing with me. Enough said. It IS true that Linux is bloated.
                You got answers to this many times and it seems you're lying saying Linus agreed with you - he was talking about something else and it was explained to you many times, but you being a troll ignored this. Orvar? Keep playing, many things can be proved.
                Last edited by kraftman; 26 January 2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glasen View Post
                  The only problem here is that most of the benchmark tests of the PTS are compiled at runtime.
                  So what? All tests at some point or another uses functionality provided by the kernel... So for OS's where the common practice is to compile the kernel, that is imho the relevant test. As a side not on kernels, at least the FreeBSD kernel is compiled with debug info, are any of the linux kernels? Not calling for a retest here, just thought that it could/should be mentioned in the article.

And I also agree that it would be interesting to see the results from a more recent OpenSolaris release. If testing unreleased version of Linux distros is accepted, why not "released" versions of OpenSolaris?

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                    Exactly what you're doing - spreading FUD, propaganda, advertising SUN, linking to SUN benchmarks and using them to backup your statements, maybe even lying, ignoring other people arguments. Many people already answered you to what you're saying here. I gave you plenty of precious links too.
                    So if I post true facts, that even the Linux kernel developers (including Linus T) agree on, then I am FUDing?

And when I post to SUN pages, that links to official SAP benchmarks, SIEBEL v8 benchmarks, TPC-C benches, SPECfp2006 benches, etc - then I am "linking to SUN benchmarks"?

Another example, straw man. It seems every of your response is a straw man one. Like here:
                    Ok, so if we both dont agree on that I dont lie, please point out the lies then. Go ahead. I am waiting. Look, you can not accuse someone else of being a liar if you can not prove it. So, prove it now. Show that I am a liar. Go on.

You got answers to this many times and it seems you're lying saying Linus agreed with you - he was talking about something else and it was explained to you many times, but you being a troll ignored this. Orvar? Keep playing, many things can be proved
                    So prove the things then! Go ahead. There is much talk and accusations from you, but no action. If I am a liar, then you have to prove it. You can not accuse others of being a liar, if it is not true. If Linus T doesnt say that the kernel is bloated (which he said), then what did he mean? Could you interpret his words to us, oh Great Interpreter of Linus T? Or, maybe you are just wrong.

It is like London stock exchange switches their Windows based system to another based on Linux + Solaris (because of many crashes and problems) and all Microsoft people explains "no, there is no problem, they just wanted to swap Windows for Linux. There is no real reason to do that." The Windows system costed 40 million British Sterling Pounds to develop! No one throws out such a system easily, without very good reasons. When the MS people explains, I just chuckles. You sound just like them. When Linus T says the kernel is bloated, I listen to your explanation and smile. Of course when Linus T says the kernel is bloated, he doesnt mean it. He means that the big stone he saw earlier, is bloated. He doesnt mean the kernel. Jesus. How can it be more clearer? Linus says explicitly it is bloated, but no. That doesnt do for you.

Comment

So if I post true facts, that even the Linux kernel developers (including Linus T) agree on, then I am FUDing?
                      Yes, you're FUDing, because Linus meant different thing then you when he said "bloated". You're FUDing also about scalability etc.

At osnews.com people already answered probably to everything you're saying here about. That's why I consider you're trolling and what's the fact you're cross posting. You even quoted some person in one of your responses there who is even more known then you when comes to trolling :> (you even quoted his response from Phoronix from one of the threads you were trolling long ago).

Btw. you didn't only link to SAP benchmarks and if you did, afaik it was meaningless. And why should I care explaining you a thing? I find this funny, because I know a little about you.
                      Last edited by kraftman; 26 January 2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X