Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Michael: since when posts and topics are premoderated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Michael: since when posts and topics are premoderated?

It seems like certain words trigger the premoderation [of new posts and topics].

Why did you do that? And what are the words which trigger this behaviour? I'd love to avoid them in the future.

I wish I knew... the moderation is just yet another item that really pisses me off about vBulletin 5.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm sorry, I just posted twice because I didn't notice the moderation message at first. This really sucks! Feels like being censored. I hope there's a switch to turn that off.

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
        I'm sorry, I just posted twice because I didn't notice the moderation message at first. This really sucks! Feels like being censored. I hope there's a switch to turn that off.
        Just cleared your post from moderation.

Unfortunately there's no easy solution... with vBulletin 4 the anti-spam plug-in I had it set to only moderate the posts for users with less than 10 posts... Since usually it's just spammers signing up and then right away spamming. Unfortunately with vBulletin 5, there isn't such an option to only limit new users for their first few posts, etc. Thus even people with hundreds of posts who have been active for years still end up getting into the moderation queue -- then I need to manually clear it out a few times a day. Even the 'phoronix' user gets into a moderation queue at least once a week. Unfortunately I hate vb5 too but there's not much that can be done: not easy/trivial/quick to migrate to some other forum system from vb5, plus my lack of experience with non-VB forum software, etc. I can only hope vB5 will improve with time.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Alternatively you might migrate to XenForo however it means more expenses for you so it's you to decide.

Comment

This is still going on, sigh.

Comment

Working...
            X