No announcement yet.

Minor Updates Pushed For The New Phoronix Site Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice and clean. Agree that line spacing could be reduced a bit.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      I'll work on a favicon update in a few minutes... Just has been very low priority compared to the main site.
      Favicon updates should be in place now
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It woulb be nice that AVATARs be implemented

Comment

Michael is disabling the "text-align: justify" on the articles' body out of question? IMO readbility is improved without that.

Comment

Well done Michael!

Since the last upgrade, the site is finally both responsive and nicer to read. It's true what they (Google?) say, the speed really matters.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I would add some spacing or separators between sections ("Most Popular News This Week", "Popular In The Forums", ...) in the sidebar in the main page. Other than that, the site looks good, congrats!

Comment

Looks great. Might I suggest that the forums use the same font settings as the main site articles? As it stands, it looks almost like a bug when you click on "comments."

Also for the forums: the color scheme of the buttons is not so great. The blue and turquoise buttons really clash with the main green headers/footers.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
                  Looks great. Might I suggest that the forums use the same font settings as the main site articles? As it stands, it looks almost like a bug when you click on "comments."

Also for the forums: the color scheme of the buttons is not so great. The blue and turquoise buttons really clash with the main green headers/footers.
                  Forum updates will come in time, it's a completely different system from the main site.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                    Any chance of decreasing article text line spacing? I think it's taken a bit too far this time.
                    If you mean the space between lines, I think it?s great as-is.

Issues:
                    - the forum doesn?t work without javascript (can?t change pages)
                    - the font in this edit box is too small (on Firefox 38 with JS enabled)
                    - the articles font is not the good one without javascript, I think.

Comment

Looking really good now on android tablet and my 11.6" chromebook with a bit of zoom so the right column descends to the bottom of the site, making the content king.

Comment

Working...
                      X