PTS Logo Contest (Phoronix Test Suite)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    A favicon is the picture you see in your browser, right by the address, and they're actually in some .ico format, not .svg.
    As i understood logo is for website so i made everything in photoshop.I can give you only .psd(its 3 times bigger size then the one i've posted).Also updated things as you said...

Comment

That's cool, it should be scalable. Thanks

Comment

How about putting down acceptable file formats? All of this makes me dizzy.

Comment

Please consider the images in this post as my submission. (Unless you really loved the colors in the previous post in which case, just kidding!)

Last edited by llogg; 07-16-2008, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            That's cool, it should be scalable. Thanks
            Bitmaps like .psd files won't be easily scalable. Probably wouldn't be terribly difficult to get images the size you need, but you'd have to work in photoshop carefully everytime to resize everything with the appropriate resolution.

Comment

OK, we'll bug the winning author if it's not a .svg to scale them

Comment

Last edited by zsouthboy; 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

My entry is in svg

Comment

I knew my first stab would lose big time. Here's my second.

50x50 icon

80x80 favicon

Anyhow, I don't care anymore if I win or not. I am just satisfied with my guilty pleasure of putting the stuff I did with this one.
                    Last edited by niniendowarrior; 07-02-2008, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by niniendowarrior View Post
                      I knew my first stab would lose big time. Here's my second.
                      First one was better.Second one is something programer would done

Comment

Originally posted by llogg View Post
                        Bitmaps like .psd files won't be easily scalable. Probably wouldn't be terribly difficult to get images the size you need, but you'd have to work in photoshop carefully everytime to resize everything with the appropriate resolution.
                        Its not that big of a deal if you have photoshop(never did that using gimp so dont know if its difficult there).In fact its the same if you know what are you doing and have all the needed layers/shapes in .psd.

Comment

Originally posted by JA_SAM View Post
                          First one was better.Second one is something programer would done
                          Which I am.

Comment

Main

Icon

Last edited by miguelwmonteiro; 07-02-2008, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JA_SAM View Post
                              Its not that big of a deal if you have photoshop(never did that using gimp so dont know if its difficult there).In fact its the same if you know what are you doing and have all the needed layers/shapes in .psd.
                              Not a year from now, an svg can be scaled to any size without modifications, (of course you want to maintain aspect ratios), and 3 times bigger will become normal size within a few years (technology's advancing really fast)

Besides I find inkscape very easy

PS: Mine is svg

Comment

Originally posted by miguelwmonteiro View Post

Just one problem, you missed the "e" on "suite"!

Comment

Working...
                                X