Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Launches Phorogit Repository

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Is AMD/ATI paying you guys or is just plain fanboyism!?!?

    Comment


    • #12
      Originally posted by un1xer View Post
      Is AMD/ATI paying you guys or is just plain fanboyism!?!?
      No, AMD is not funding us. It's simply the fact of better enabling the Linux community. If NVIDIA wants a git repository, they can have one too!
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #13
        Ok, point taken.
        But you must understand the reason behind my question, i see far more space dedicated to AMD/ATI news or related stuff in Phoronix, it would be a shame to see an excellent and a supposed impartial site like this turn to either one of the gpu manufacturers.
        I'm sorry if i didn't express myself in a more appropriate way.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by un1xer View Post
          i see far more space dedicated to AMD/ATI news or related stuff in Phoronix,
          That's simply because there is more to actively report on and that they are willing to send us new drivers early for benchmarking, etc. On the NVIDIA side, there's good and bad days whether they cooperate and let us know in advance new information, etc. I am more than willing to work with both companies and have been doing so.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #15
            At what part of the driver release will/does amd pull the updated scripts - http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item=735&num=4

            just before the branch or just before the beta???

            Comment


            • #16
              AMD pulls before each beta release and then one final time about a week before the final release.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #17
                So when do we get easy to use method?
                I haven't used git before so i'm not-so-familiar w/ it.

                Comment


                • #18
                  Originally posted by mal13 View Post
                  So when do we get easy to use method?
                  I haven't used git before so i'm not-so-familiar w/ it.
                  It's not really hard to use.

                  As long as you don't modify things in your local tree, there are really only these things, that you might need:
                  Code:
                  git clone http://phorogit.com/repo/fglrx-packaging.git fglrx-packaging
                  Clones the Phorogit tree to fglrx-packaging.

                  Code:
                  cd fglrx-packaging
                  git pull
                  Updates your local tree with the changes, that have been made in phorogit repository.
                  Right after clone it should said "Already up-to-date.".
                  Code:
                  cd fglrx-packaging
                  git log
                  View the log of the changes, that have been made.

                  That should be all that is needed to get started.

                  Comment


                  • #19
                    Would there actually be interest for putting an ebuild
                    for gentoo in that repository, too?
                    Of course it would be useless, when it actually hits
                    portage, but during driver release and ebuild release in
                    portage it might be helpful to some people and it could
                    also be a nice way to have the latest ebuild using git,
                    until it's in the tree officially.
                    (Normally the ebuild changes a little bit from day to day.)

                    Actually I'm using git already for my local portage overlay.

                    Comment


                    • #20
                      Originally posted by Berniyh View Post
                      Would there actually be interest for putting an ebuild
                      for gentoo in that repository, too?
                      Of course it would be useless, when it actually hits
                      portage, but during driver release and ebuild release in
                      portage it might be helpful to some people and it could
                      also be a nice way to have the latest ebuild using git,
                      until it's in the tree officially.
                      (Normally the ebuild changes a little bit from day to day.)

                      Actually I'm using git already for my local portage overlay.
                      Sending you a PM...
                      Michael Larabel
                      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X