Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less Than Half The Phoronix Traffic Is From Linux Systems

Phoronix: Less Than Half The Phoronix Traffic Is From Linux Systems

With the recent news of Linux's overall web traffic doubling to about 2%, here are some Phoronix web statistics for those interested...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTYxNDQ

Cure for Windows

There are many viruses for Windows.
    There is one virus for PC users, Windows again.
    - Ayan Debnath, GigaHertZ.net.in

We need to find a cure.....

Comment

40% is from Windows
      This is insane. Why are they even here? I can understand even Apple but Mices? There're no news for them at all or am i missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by sunweb View Post
        This is insane. Why are they even here?
        Because the World is not Black and White. I like GNU/Linux, but not as a Desktop Environment.

Comment

This is insane. Why are they even here? I can understand even Apple but Mices? There're no news for them at all or am i missing something?
          Because people have jobs and use other computers than their own.

Comment

"they"!?

My primary OS is Windows, and that's where I spend my time developing software, but I subscribe to Phoronix because a lot of what it covers is non-specific to Linux.

Many of the articles are about cross-platform open source projects where the benefits will be seen on Windows and Mac OS as well. There's also a lot about hardware, and while the benchmarks tend to be specific to Linux, there's often something interesting.

I do use Linux - just not for web browsing.

Comment

This is insane. Why are they even here?
              Example -
              right now, I am at office where I spent most of my life time; on a Windows PC to develop Java Apps.
              though at home I have a Mac Laptop and a SteamOS PC.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoronix
                and another 8% is from an unknown OS
                Aliens !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
                  Because people have jobs and use other computers than their own.
                  This. I am forced to use office. We have Debian stable here - sadly without wine, without capability installing anything...
                  Personally i can't understand why people cry Linux has cons as Desktop. KDE is on par with Windows. No, Doplhin is much more powerful, everything is much more customizable and .... i don't understand it.

Comment

Well, for example, there are some PCs in which you cannot change the OS even if you wanted to... (e.g. workplace)

Comment

Working...
                    X