No announcement yet.

More Phoronix Site Improvements Merged

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Phoronix Site Improvements Merged

Phoronix: More Phoronix Site Improvements Merged

Made live today were a few minor tweaks to the new site layout and PHXCMS-9 content management system. A few visual bugs were squashed and other small enhancements committed...

Thank you!

I can read phoronix on my phone again!

may i suggest removing the one pixel border around the green thing at the top

now its green - grey border - brown/black firefox

I do get an ad about Adobe Creative Cloud, which I like. However, it's not for Ubuntu and I couldn't get it to work through Wine, so I let the CC trial expire last month. I'm cool with the IBM ad, even though I don't have plans to use their products as it's business-only. Auto insurance? I loathe cars.

I did get 3 ads in a home page that advertises MongoDB by rackspace but I didn't take a screenshot of it. Not even a drug ad (prescription) that I saw in a home page. I'll keep a watch for it if I'm seeing an inappropriate ad.

Tbh, I really, really like the new design once I got used to the somewhat bigger font on the desktop. I think it looks clean and nice and still has the "Phoronix touch" now. I am especially happy how it turned out because some of the WIP pictures Michael posted on Twitter just a week or two ago were still a nightmare

Too bad the forum first post on a page still is very long regardless of message length.

Do you accept ads that play video? Videos can be a bandwidth hog. They play a video ad and a very short news.

I didn't get the ad URL as it is too late, but just in case, how do I get the URL of an ad?

Oh, by the way, once this gets resolved, can the images be removed? I can't edit my post after 5 minutes. Sometimes I want to clean up my web server.

Originally posted by plonoma View Post
                Too bad the forum first post on a page still is very long regardless of message length.
                I really don't like having to scroll down too far only to see the next post. Can't the ad be made horizontal?

Please make the width of the grey boxes on the right hand side scale with the font size. Currently, the width of the outer div is set to 380px. I guess it should be around 24em for the default font size.

page loads do seem slightly faster.