No announcement yet.

The Latest Look Of The Phoronix Redesign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new design is really nice, much more readable.

Comment

Nice redesign

It's cleaner and easier to read than it's predecessor, so I think it's a win.

Comment

Your face on every article?

I think it's quite hilarious, Michael, that we now get to see your face on every single article published here.

It's not like Phoronix had a team of two dozen journalists where that'd make sense.

Hell, it creeps me out, just like the new design!

Comment

I really like the new design.

And for Michaels face, I just blocked it.
          It's just too scary seeing it on every article

Comment

Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
            I really like the new design.

And for Michaels face, I just blocked it.
            It's just too scary seeing it on every article
            I agree, it looks pretty disturbing. No offense to the wearer of the face intended

Comment

While the changes seem not to anoying as expected from the screenshot, there seem to be issues with the iPad browser not displaying the left row of the navigation (COMPUTER, DISPLAY DRIVERS, GRAPHICS CARDS, MEMORY, MOTHERBOARDS, PROCESSORS, SOFTWARE, STORAGE, OPERATING SYSTEMS)

Gruss Oliver

Comment

I Like It!

Hi Michael,

I like the new design - I have not run into any issues yet - but I am sure that if there are bugs they will be reported

keep up the awesome work!

Comment

A small correction for my earlier Stylish:

<code>
                  @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.phoronix.com") {

TD#phxcms_content_phx
                  {
                  background-color: #ffffea;
                  }
                  }
                  </code>

So, this will make the content area a little warmer since I dislike that hard white.

Comment

I'm going to have to agree on this one: ditch the photo. If you want to have a random images of beer/linux icons, that's totally cool (maybe for Ubuntu articles have an Ubuntu icon, for hard drive articles have a picture of an SSD/HDD, I dunno...).

I would like the color of the side content panels to be a bit darker. The boundary of the article text and the side panels is not well defined in my eyes because the side panels are such a light gray.

* Really liking the new font - feels clean and fresh
                    * Disliking the caps on the home page navigation bar ("HOME", "ARTICLES AND REVIEW"...). Caps always feel like the screen is yelling at me when I read it
                    * "Systems" from "Operating Systems" on the home page is misaligned due to "Systems" being on the next line

Comment

HTTPS

Instead of making things look better, I'd prefer it if you added HTTPS to the site.

Comment

Working...
                      X