Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Premium, Site Improvements Land

Phoronix: Phoronix Premium, Site Improvements Land

A number of small site improvements were made on Monday. Subscribers to Phoronix Premium should also find that the log-in process is easier...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTUxMTM

The improvements are welcome.

I, for one, would recommend against delaying content for non-subscribers. I am a subscriber, but I still don't think that's the right thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post

I, for one, would recommend against delaying content for non-subscribers. I am a subscriber, but I still don't think that's the right thing to do.
      If enabled, the delay would be for a couple hours, if that. Most content is posted as soon as it's written, but will often write some articles a few hours in advance to cover times when I am sleeping or not in front of computer.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MaxToTheMax View Post

I second that. (Also a recent premium subscriber).

- Gilboa
        DEV: Intel S2600C0, 2xE52658V2, 32GB, 4x2TB + 2x3TB, GTX780, F21/x86_64, Dell U2711.
        SRV: Intel S5520SC, 2xX5680, 36GB, 4x2TB, GTX550, F21/x86_64, Dell U2412..
        BACK: Tyan Tempest i5400XT, 2xE5335, 8GB, 3x1.5TB, 9800GTX, F21/x86-64.
        LAP: ASUS N56VJ, i7-3630QM, 16GB, 1TB, 635M, F21/x86_64.

Comment

"After once logging into the forums on the new system, your premium account should remain logged in for the day on our main web-site."

Does it mean that I still have to login to the forum every day? WHY???
          Do you know it will still not work for RSS readers such a way?
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Oh my, has hell finally frozen over? Being subscriber for several years now I surely welcome that - if it works. Once per day though... well. It's the small steps that count, right?

Comment

I guess that's an improvement. It also shows the number of comments on the article page now. Nice.

Comment

Finally
                Although forum visits once a day are still very frequent. Make that a week and you've got yourself a deal

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                  "After once logging into the forums on the new system, your premium account should remain logged in for the day on our main web-site."

Does it mean that I still have to login to the forum every day? WHY???
                  Do you know it will still not work for RSS readers such a way?
                  This. I'm a premium subscriber as well, and coming from a link in the RSS feed, I *still* have to open a forum tab to remove ads / enable single page articles. So this *fix* is pretty much useless for me

Comment

Originally posted by dcc24 View Post
                    This. I'm a premium subscriber as well, and coming from a link in the RSS feed, I *still* have to open a forum tab to remove ads / enable single page articles. So this *fix* is pretty much useless for me
                    That's the reason I stopped my subscription in the fist place.
                    Rob
                    email: dagger@gentoo.org

Comment

Still no mobile-friendly site and forums.

Comment

Okay, I updated it now... It should last the entire week for one forum log-in, including when going via RSS.
                        Michael Larabel
                        http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          Okay, I updated it now... It should last the entire week for one forum log-in, including when going via RSS.
                          Good to hear, thanks Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
                            That's the reason I stopped my subscription in the fist place.
                            The same for me.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Thanks. But why just one week? It's annoying having to visit the forum from your RSS reader every week. Why not one month or -even better- the entire year?
                            ## VGA ##
                            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
                              Still no mobile-friendly site and forums.
                              +1

It would be great to have mobile view since I mostly read news/articles from my mobile phone on my way to work.

Comment

Working...
                              X