Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Week Is Looking Phenomenal For Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Next Week Is Looking Phenomenal For Linux

    Phoronix: Next Week Is Looking Phenomenal For Linux

    There's lots of big news coming next week that will affect the Linux desktop...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA4OTk

  • #2
    I'm looking forward the most to the Valve meeting and announcements. It is something I've always believed in since they made the Mac client. Have a fun trip and keep us posted Michael!

    Comment


    • #3
      Is the premium login cookie thing fixed already?
      If it is, I'll sign up to premium again today.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by [Knuckles] View Post
        Is the premium login cookie thing fixed already?
        If it is, I'll sign up to premium again today.
        Are you referring to the fact the ads are visible in articles for premium members until they go to the comments/forum and hit back? This annoys me. I'm happy supporting Phoronix, but still seeing the ads in most cases makes me doubt what I'm paying for.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by leif81 View Post
          Are you referring to the fact the ads are visible in articles for premium members until they go to the comments/forum and hit back? This annoys me. I'm happy supporting Phoronix, but still seeing the ads in most cases makes me doubt what I'm paying for.
          Yah, that's the one. After being a subscriber for 3 years in a row, I decided not to renew again last year because this still wasn't fixed.
          It seems that nothing has changed, thanks for the tip.

          Comment


          • #6
            I will be really interested in graphic performance comparison between Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge and AMD Fusion APUs. This will definitely be interesting.

            Comment


            • #7
              In addition to everything else. The 'From dust' game, from Ubisoft, should be premièring for chrome's NaCl (which of course is available for Linux) some time soon. They said some time in April which we're coming the end of so hopefully it won't be long?

              Comment


              • #8
                You still need to schedule a Seattle/Bellevue get together. We have a Seattle Beer Wednesday chapter, although turnout might be light next week due to it being finals week in a certain game-related educational institution.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by elanthis View Post
                  You still need to schedule a Seattle/Bellevue get together. We have a Seattle Beer Wednesday chapter, although turnout might be light next week due to it being finals week in a certain game-related educational institution.
                  What's the details on the Seattle Beer Wednesday chapter?
                  Michael Larabel
                  http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Steam on Linux:

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X