Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHXCMS-8 Enters Development

Phoronix: PHXCMS-8 Enters Development

As I shared last week on Twitter, plans for PHXCMS-8 were conceived last week, which will power a major re-design of Phoronix.com. This process will take several months before the new content management system and design will be rolled-out, but in the meantime are a few tweaks to the Phoronix home-page...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Auto-login for premium members without having to go to the forum! That's actually my number 1 request. It shouldn't be that hard, right?

Otherwise a little update on the design is welcome, perhaps a bit wider reading pane with "cleaner" design around it. Over all a bit more (don't kill me for using this wording) HTML5-type-of-design would be welcome! Dynamic pages so you don't have to reload everything, etc.
    But that's just minor stuff, the log-in is the most important =)

Comment

modernizing the site (graphic wise, identity, logo maybe) won't hurt i think

Comment

After the tweak it is no longer possible to navigate older news.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
          Auto-login for premium members without having to go to the forum! That's actually my number 1 request. It shouldn't be that hard, right?

But that's just minor stuff, the log-in is the most important =)
          +999

...10char
          Rob
          email: [email protected]

Comment

The new front page looks good.

OTOH, I still get an error on forum login:

vBulletin Message
            Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.phoronix.com/forums/)

Comment

Oh and editing posts is broken. None of the editing buttons do anything, not even cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Oh and editing posts is broken. None of the editing buttons do anything, not even cancel.
                JavaScript disabled?
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

No. It also used to work before, so I guess the same change that caused the login error broke editing.

Opera 11.50

Comment

Also, I tested a fresh install of Opera too, to rule out any fault in my settings or profile. It has the same symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                    X