Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum login bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Forum login bug

    I see this every time I login, starting yesterday:

    vBulletin Message
    Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.phoronix.com/forums/)
    Though from there I can just continue normally. Rather ugly though to see it daily, since this forum doesn't remember my login ever since the update to v4 (yes cookies are saved, and yes I reported this in the forum update thread)


    PS: Not liking the limited width change.

  • #2
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    I see this every time I login, starting yesterday:



    Though from there I can just continue normally. Rather ugly though to see it daily, since this forum doesn't remember my login ever since the update to v4 (yes cookies are saved, and yes I reported this in the forum update thread)


    PS: Not liking the limited width change.
    Limited width? It expands across 3840 pixels here.

    Comment


    • #3
      The width change is inconsistent across the forum, some elements have it, some don't (for example, the reply window doesn't). AFAICS, this change was made at the same time as the one that caused the login error above.

      Screenshot: http://i54.tinypic.com/25r09rc.png

      Comment


      • #4
        that's where the ads are. only visible without adblock though ;-)

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh, haha didn't occur to me to check for that. IMHO bad policy to show ads to logged-in members instead of just guests, but not my call.

          Anyway, I'm still getting the login bug. Anyone else?

          Comment


          • #6
            Ya something definitely went funky with the layout. Even though I have premium account the layout went completely out of whack when viewing in a iPad. The other day it was perfectly fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Ya something definitely went funky with the layout. Even though I have premium account the layout went completely out of whack when viewing in a iPad. The other day it was perfectly fine.
              Is it now rendering correctly for you on iPad? In the past day it magically fixed itself on the iPhone at least...
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Is it now rendering correctly for you on iPad? In the past day it magically fixed itself on the iPhone at least...
                Ya on the iPhone it is ok now. Will check on the iPad when I get home from work today.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Still looks a bit "wonky" on the ipad. It doesn't go across the whole screen unless you are replying. (Actually same white space appears on the iphone as well it looks like.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    Still looks a bit "wonky" on the ipad. It doesn't go across the whole screen unless you are replying. (Actually same white space appears on the iphone as well it looks like.)
                    Hmm and now after that reply with an image it looks like this:

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X